love = depression?

whydoifeelthisway

so i think i'm in love.

i'm really insecure. i set lots of expectations. i'm really sensitive. i'm very emotional. i think way too much.

i make a big deal out of small things. things like... "i was holding her hand but she broke away to pick something up or talk to a friend...must not like me anymore" and "i said i love her but she didnt say it back" i mean geez, she had to do something else. and man, it's not always required an answer back, yaknow... but i can't get that through my head.

i dunno how to react to many things she does cause i can never tell if they're like... sincerely being said or just being said to be said. so sometimes i don't respond/react at all or i give the most generic and expected answer. i mean i know she's not messing around and is probably as sincere as they come, but i can't get over these stupid doubts.

she might move soon, too. out of the us. how is that gonna work? there's a difference between really liking someone and loving someone, but there's also a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. if she loves me, she might let me go. if she's in love with me, she might not. but i can't tell. and i can't stop thinking.

if something i expect/hope to happen doesn't, i get really down.. i think i did something wrong or am not liked or that kinda stuff.

when you combine my insecurity, sensitiveness, thinking habits, future possibilities, and not being allowed to see each other cause of racial issues, you get a really depressed fellow.

i can't completely describe why i feel as down as i do because sometimes i feel all the stuff that gets me down is so insignificant compared to whatother people deal with....

jus

i was completly the same. saying i love you and needing to hear it constantly and always over analyzing. In the end I ruined my long term relationship with the insecurities.

the funny thing was the next relationship i was in was the total opposite. She was the insecure one and i experienced how anoying and sort of insulting it can be when your partner doesnt trust what you tell them and constantly needs reassurance.

My advice.... stop worrying and just have fun. Make sure you've got a mix of things that make you happy. friends, gf, hobbies etc.

With me all i had was my gf and my work so i was constantly focusing on making sure the relationship was all good, instead of actualy making the relationship good.

Barnum

whydoifeelthisway said:
so i think i'm in love.

i'm really insecure. i set lots of expectations. i'm really sensitive. i'm very emotional. i think way too much.

i make a big deal out of small things. things like... "i was holding her hand but she broke away to pick something up or talk to a friend...must not like me anymore" and "i said i love her but she didnt say it back" i mean geez, she had to do something else. and man, it's not always required an answer back, yaknow... but i can't get that through my head.

i dunno how to react to many things she does cause i can never tell if they're like... sincerely being said or just being said to be said. so sometimes i don't respond/react at all or i give the most generic and expected answer. i mean i know she's not messing around and is probably as sincere as they come, but i can't get over these stupid doubts.

she might move soon, too. out of the us. how is that gonna work? there's a difference between really liking someone and loving someone, but there's also a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. if she loves me, she might let me go. if she's in love with me, she might not. but i can't tell. and i can't stop thinking.

if something i expect/hope to happen doesn't, i get really down.. i think i did something wrong or am not liked or that kinda stuff.

when you combine my insecurity, sensitiveness, thinking habits, future possibilities, and not being allowed to see each other cause of racial issues, you get a really depressed fellow.

i can't completely describe why i feel as down as i do because sometimes i feel all the stuff that gets me down is so insignificant compared to whatother people deal with....
That pretty much sums up what I'm going through these days. I fight to keep an open mind, because I know that all good things must come to and end, and that change is the only constant in life. Being in a relationship is hard work, but if you feel that it's worth it, it definitely is.