Loud Vibration in your ears

UniqueMoyo

So I've been suffering with extreme panic attacks for a little over a year now and besides the normal heart pounding, palpitations, sweating, feeling faint and short of breath ect. ect. I experienced something last night that I haven't felt before, and I was wondering if anyone has had something similair happen. I was laying in bed, and getting over one of the many panic attacks, when all of a sudden I heard a loud vibration in my ears. So loud I heard nothing else around me, shot out of bed gasping and the best way i can describe it, is to say it was three wah wah wah sounds that sounded similar to someone hitting a guitar string. Of course that triggered another panic attack and I eventually gave up on sleeping. Its starting to really effect my day to day life, and I dont want to become dependant on medicine to help me, I just dont know what else I can do. (if you have any helpful solutions also be sure to let me know) This isnt the first time Ive shot out of bed, usually in my sleep I'll wake up gasping because I think my heart stopped, or I cant breathe but this was the first time I heard something like this. If anyone has heard something or woke up gasping thinking that their heart stopped or something please let me know. thanks =]

WollyWoo

I haven't had anything like that with my hearing but I have woken up nearly jumping out of my skin convinced that my heart just stopped on many occasions! Agh makes me feel horrible just thinking about it!

That used to happen to me all the time when I went through a really bad stage of attacks. Really nasty feeling! I would then lie in bed checking my pulse over and over again and intently obsessing over my heartbeat, convincing myself there was something wrong with it and I must be dying!

Don't know what you have tried to help dealing with this but I just wrote another reply to someone saying some of the stuff that has worked for me, I won't copy it out again cos it's ridiculously long lol but if you want to search my post then maybe there might be something that could help.

:)

UniqueMoyo

Dear Wolly Woo,
That was the first time it affected my hearing,
but Im the same way I wake up thinking that my heart stopped
or its beating out of order
and i think im dieing
I remember when I was younger
and it started happening and I would run downstars and ask my mom
to check my pulse and when she used to say it was fine
I was convinced it wasnt and she was just trying to calm me
Id lay there sobbing thinking I was gonna die
Now when something like that happens
I think to myslef
"its happened before and i didnt die, ill be fine"
and i keep repeating it over and over in my head
thanks so much for ur reply and ill check out ur other post :D

FreedomFighter

hi unique , yeah dont worry bout it , it happens to me too , think it could be related to tinnitus , dont give it any credibility like all anxiety sensations , divert your mind , they dont deserve your attention , peace , Robbie :D