Lots of Fatigue

Biggybigs

Does anyone esle have lots of fatigue i mean im constantly tired and weak and cant do much exercise without getting tired also my left eye twicthes somtimes any ideas?

jonnyC

fatigue is a result of anxiety/stress/depression.

If you can't get out of bed and all you want to do is sleep then you are probably depressed. If you are tired during the day, sometimes overwhelming, then it is likely to be nervous exhaustion from stress/worry/anxiety.

Try to look at your diet. Eat lots of fruit as oppossed to sugary drinks, chocolate, coffee etc. Fruit, nuts etc will maintain your energy whereas sugar will pick you up and drop you down quick.

Eye twitching is a nervous symptom from a lack of sleep or stress.

decadeOfSA

Yeah kinda until I started drinking a lot of caffeine. I hear your brain burns more calories than any other part of your body or any form of exercise. So, worrying a lot and thinking about things probably really wears you out. Twitching is an anxiety symptom.

aliasgirl

Hi there
Yeah I feel fatigued sometimes too. Somedays at work I am constantly yawning and it feels hard to get motivated. Weekends are worse as I will often just lay around on my bed watching dvds or I just take a nap which last anywhere from an hour to 3 hours! Although sometimes I think that comes from boredom.
I also get the eye twitching thing and that is usually when I am stressed. I read it on the internet that it can be caused by stress, so there you go.
Sometimes when the eye twitching starts I haven't realised that I am stressed but then when I look back over the previous days, I notice that there had been some trying times.

Try looking up health sites on the net about getting rid of your fatigue.

jonnyC

some anti depressants work as sedatives. I used to be on Chlomopromine which knocked me out all night and most of the next day, on a low dosage!

I felt extremely fatigued and this made me depressed because I am 24 and yet feel old and tired.

There are anti depressants that work differently without a sedative effect. May not work for you, but tbh I was getting more depressed about the fatigue I experienced.

JulieKC

I get very tired with meds. I do think the longer you are on them the less tired you get. But I still can't say that im convinced they are helping me.

jonnyC

I have seen how anxious and depressed I am without meds, so I think the tiredness is something I have to live with. tbh I don't think it is always the meds. As people who are extremely mentally active, it is very tiring on the brain.

Consider some people have very basic thoughts throughout the day of what they are doing. Compare that to the thought processes that go through our minds nearly all the time. Is it any wonder we get tired?

Transfer your mental energy to more rewarding helping practices. Self evaluation is never ending and fruitless.

iamantisocial

probably depression symptoms like what others here said.

I suggest you take vitamins, if you cannot eat healthy foods. They make a difference.

jonnyC

I do have a real problem with fatigue though. It's not that I don't have the energy to exercise, work etc, but I don't seem to have the stamina to keep it up. Prolonged I feel quite ill. I also get very frustrated about feeling shakey and weak from morning onwards. It doesn't instill much confidence in me holding a full time job :S