Lost

Godiva

I am 27 yrs old and have experienced SP for about six yrs. I have tried psychiatry and took meds which made me feel worse. I have been in abusive relationships because I am too afraid to be with someone "normal". I am an attractive funny smart woman who men are attracted to but I freeze and run away when anyone tries to speak to me. I use to not be in fear of the opposite sex and still do manage to go out on a date now and then and end the relationship from an event that I deemed embarrassing. It seems like my anxiety only was with authority or too many people in the room.. now its with men. I am totally freaked out... is there anyone else whose anxiety did a switch or experiencing the same thing as me? :oops:

sidney

sorry cant help much with that, but next time a guy is around you & starts talking to you think about all the good things you could be missing out on by running away, about being with a nice guy, maybe he'll even understand your problem after a while, you could be treated so nicely & be bought flowers etc think about all that you're throwing away by not talking to him then will yourself to stay
Or try the role playing thing were you pretend to be your fav actor who's really confident, stand the way they stand say what they would say and their confidence can shine through you, give it a go :D