lost in this world, lost in my mind

aloneloner

I need help. I was seeing a therapist about 3 months ago and it was going good. She said she thinks that I don't have social anxiety, and the depression is more situational then just a chemical imbalance. I don't think I have a very hard life, but she said compared to other people my life has been pretty traumatic. I feel like we were just getting to the point where I could actually get some real help ... then I lost my job and insurance so I can no longer afford to see her. She told me I need help, but now I'm stuck with nothing.

Why can't I help myself? I have some family support but I feel like I'm always going to be at rock bottom. I don't have a job now ... living with my gram and my mom and need to pay 250 for rent. I just want to end this miserable pointless life :sad: I guess I just wanted to get that out

Maybe contact your therapist and explain your situation and ask if they know of any free resources - for example, universities sometimes provide free therapy as part of the training for psych students - they may know of something or may even offer you cheap or free sessions themselves. It sucks that services price themselves as if everyone has insurance

lilmutegirl

Where I live, there is a county mental health department that provides inexpensive counseling (cost is usually dependent on income, I think). Maybe there is a government agency near you? Good luck in your search!

Monkish1

It can be hard to find the right therapist, no matter what the cost. I found a local support group for SA that is pretty cheap per person and it's great! It took a lot of digging, phone calls, and perseverance to get in though. Some support groups just ask for donation. Don't give up.