Lost, and an irrational thought

IceLad

Had a day off from work yesterday, so I got the train and decided to visit a new city. I was on my way back to catch the train home, and took what I thought was a short cut. Within 15mins or so, I was completely lost. As I got more and more anxious, I became more and more convinced that everyone who saw me could immediately tell that I was lost. It wasn't as if I was running around the streets, waving my arms around and screaming that I was lost, I was just my normal self.

Does anyone else have irrational thoughts like this, or any similar experiences?

dzerklis

lolman i know how it is, now it seems funny but when it happens its like 8O
i get lost almost everytime i have to go to a place in our capital city ive never been to, but last time i ssomehow managed to ask the way to a stranger 8)

Scottish_Player

Its happened to me one time that i can remember, i was out on my motorbike about 30 miles from home because i went out for a run to pass the time, i broke down in the middle of no where. I had 2 options i could either stop a passing car which i didnt realy wanna do or i could walk it? so i walked it back along this pitch black country road for eight mile until i found a phone box and call my bro.

When i first realized i couldnt get my motorbike going i was in a bit of a panic and just wanted to be home, it was getting dark and i was thinking why the hell me, and my anxiety was through the roof. but i made it home eventualy and i can laugh about it now :lol:

cherish

it is all kind of funny. When i started driving i got lost alot and the same thing happened to me.

longlivesolitude

I know exactly what you mean. Had an similar experience a month ago or so.. Where I couldn't find my workplace because I was coming from a different place in the city than usual so I had to walk a different path. I felt really stupid as I was walking around and I could see time was catching up and me and I was getting late and i was wondering whether I should call and say I was sick or just calling in and say I couldn't find the way to work. Both stupid choices. When I was walking around in the city I really felt like everybody I saw on the street thought I was some weird guy or just a big joke. Luckily I found my workplace only 5 min. too late.

maggie

hiya IceLad....i think it's pretty brave of you to get on train to visit new city....holy crap....i could never do that.....so, that's cool 8) .....i have been lost before...driving...but, for as long as i have been driving, i have to take pretty much the same routes to places...or it throws me off somehow....or i can easily get lost....like i have a really bad sense of direction or something........i've wondered before if it has something to do with social anxiety....but, good for you to be so adventuresome :!: