losing hours at work

LazyHermitCrab

I keep losing hours at work. Right now i only work 4 hours per week. I guess this is a way to fire me without actually doing so? I'm so sad and i hate conflict but i know i need to talk to them... :(

Sacrament

Just go up to them and ask them if there's a reason why your hours are being cut, since you'd like to work more.

Sacrament

I mean, it's either that or wondering, which is even worse. It's the difference between pulling a band-aid nice and quick, or very slowly (except in this case, you'll keep pulling on it because all the wondering makes you suffer).

AlienGeranium

That stinks ::(: Asking about your hours won't be as big of a deal as you may be building it up in your head though, it's a completely reasonable question and they should be able to give you a reasonable explanation. As long as your professional and polite about it, it shouldn't be confrontational at all.

LazyHermitCrab

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to try to change departments because it sucks working there anyway lol... I'm also looking for something not retail too... just not happy about the hours still cuz I didn't give a 2 weeks notice or anything :/

anomicdeer

I work 5 a week. Miserable and trying to find somethibg better and definitely no more retail. I hate it.