Loosing Hope

spacecadet

I'm 31 and single. I sit in at weekends and feel really sorry for myself. In the past I've turned down dates because of my shyness. I went out with someone when I was 24 but it didn't last long cos he didn't want committment after that my mental health deterioated cos I suffer from psychotic episodes as well as depression and social phobia. I am only just recovered at age 31. I am now on the right drugs that help me but I find I have no local friends to hang out with so I don't meet any men. There are no interest ing men at work. I am a lonely old spincster. I have almost lost hope because I have been moaning about being single since I was 18.
If I ever meet anyone I fancy and who seems to like me too I will not turn him down. I will never make the same mistakes again If I ever get a chance.
I'm a good looking chic but I have lived like a hermit these last 5 years most of the time.
Anyway shit happens

Natalia

hey

ur not alone. im 20 and i`ve never even been kissed. can`t even imagine myself with some1. .

spacecadet

hello

I wasn't kissed until I was 24 when I got a bit more social. Since then I have kissed a few blokes, sometimes I've kissed blokes I hadn't fancied at all so it wasn't nice. I had my first boyfriend at 24 and before that I convinced myself I'd never have a boyfriend. Then I started to change my attitude and became more positive. I haven't had a boyfriend since the age of 25 now and I'm 31 but thats because I've been ill. My first boyfriend only last about 2 months. He wasn't the right guy. They say you have to kiss a lot of frogs. Your only 20. Try and change the way you think. It is unlikely that you'll go through your whole life and never meet someone you like and who willlike you. Good luck

Anonymous

Hey Space Cadet,

Would you feel ok about joining some kind of group. like salsa dancing, or a book group, orfor-fun local soccer team? It is a good way to build up a net work, you can meet great people through the bizarrist connections.

Mind you do I take my good advice?

I've got a boyfriend now, but no friends (he lives in another city) I feel so isolated here. I did go out by myself the other night to a music thing, It was a Sunday so it didn't seem so conspicuous that I was alone. And I actually got 2 phone numbers from really interesting people. So proud of myself...but its the next bit that is the problem, I'll never use the damn numbers, I just cannot make chit-chat on phone with acquaintances.

Good luck

spacecadet

Hello Aadvark

I put an advertisement in the local paper for female friends. Eventually I got in contact with 5 other girls who had put an advert or answered an advert and we all connected. Tomorrow night we are meeting in a pub for a drink. I am sharing a taxi with a girl I spoke on the phone with she lives near me. I might meet a nice friend although I am a little scared cos we are all strangeers so should be interesting.

Bearcla

Hi Spacecadet,
I'll be 31 next month and I understand how you feel. I never go out on weekends either or during the week for that matter. I have never worked up the courage to ask anyone out. I know when we hit 30 years old it feels like we may be alone forever. But I hope that is not so. I also have suffered psychotic episodes,4 in the last 11 years. I think what is more dibilitating is my Social Anxiety and the depression that comes along with it. I know it is hard to find the right medication to be on. Recently I feel pretty good with what I am on now which is just 50mg of Zoloft, a SSRI antidepressant. I really hated the side effects of those antipsychotics I use to be on. I've been on Prolixin, Zyprexa, Geodon, and Haldole you may have heard of some of these. I'm really amazed to see someone else who has had the same three problems(psychosis,SA,depression) Makes me wonder if maybe they are tied together in some way. Anyway thanks for sharing I don't feel so alone anymore. :) Good luck at the pub with your new friends. Have some fun you deserve it! :D

Jimmy

Re: hey

Natalia said:
ur not alone. im 20 and i`ve never even been kissed. can`t even imagine myself with some1. .
I'm 20 and never been kissed too. I feel the same way.

Jess333

You know, I was the same way. I have spent the last 6 years basically hanging around with one friend off and on, and staying home doing nothing, going nuts by myself. Guys, it's been like this for a long time for me. I've been in situations where I've ALMOST RUN OFF from a conversation, in the middle of the conversation because I just couldn't take the stress. All they can see is that the person is extremely nervous, all i see is that i feel like i'm losing my mind.

THIS WAS MY WINTER BREAK FROM COLLEGE:

Everyday for 30 days I'd wake up in the morning, from dreams that were weird and depressing, possibly someone rejected me in my dream ( like my ex), i get out of bed, my quiet thoughts tell me "ok..another day...another day of NOTHING".."I HATE MY LIFE" "ISN"T THERE MORE THAN THIS?" " I"M LONELY!!!!" "I"M GOING CRAZY!" " I"M NOT SUPPOSED TO LIVE MY LIFE LIKE THIS!"" I"M SUCH A LOSER" "LOOK AT ME I HAVE NO FRIENDS< OTHER PEOPLE WOULD"VE DONE SOMETHING COOL FOR THEIR BREAK"...and I would have no energy to do anything, no will to do anything, just mope around and keep thinking how doomed my life is, what i loser i was...then I eat lunch...still in my pajamas and play Counter Strike (online first person shooter game) with all these other negative people and everytime i would lose at the game I would get pissed and want to crawl through the monitor and choke the little asshole that killed me. Then after wasting all that time doing nothing but playing a game and still in my pj's thinking negative thoughts, MY NERVES were just humming through my body. I felt nervous and shamed. I lived with my sister and she would come into my room and say "uhh...are you gonna leave this room?, Cmon Jess, come out to the livingroom and visit". and my voice would shake and I would feel really nervous even thoguht it was only my sister and I would say "uh, I'm ok...but thanks". and continue playing, until i got too tired to play and then i would read a little and go to sleep, and the SAME day would repeat itself the next day.

NOT ANYMORE. I QUIT THAT LIFESTYLE. I AM DONE WITH SOCIAL PHOBIA. I REALIZE THAT I CAN FEEL THAT SOCIAL PHOBIA WHENEEEEEVER I WANT TO. I'M DONE WITH BEING A VICTIM WHO"S WONDERING WHEN SOMEONE IS GOING TO COME SAVE HER. NO ONE IS COMING FOR ME.

So I have to take control. I have to figure this out. I have to beat this. And I have.

I wrote a post called MY STORY here, it's long, but it tells..well my story!

I've beaten this "disorder"

I had a GREAT day at work today. I'm not on any medications and I was able to train succesfully along with my other coworkers and even spoke a script with a coworker without freaking out and losing it.

This is humongous for me. I'm really tired right now and I have to get to bed for work tomorrow, but i have so much to say.

I feel like crying like God has touched me. I have found the way OUT of this dark place that I"ve been in for SO LONG.

And I want to share it all with you.

Because I feel your pain..not to sound too cliche..but I have a big heart and I want to help everyone I can. If I can beat it, you can.

YOU CAN"T GIVE UP

I'll write more tomorrow.

I'm a girl and I do have a girlfriend, but she's all the way in Brazil and I did this all on my own. But definitely the support from her love has helped me through this.

Finding a person that you work well with and that loves you unconditionally gives you a lot of strength.

But anyway, I'll write more later.

Take care :D

MarCPatt

Reading about someone who has recovered is so awesome.

I am happy for you Jess. Reading about someone who has overcome social phobia gives people like myself so much hope. I know that one day I will be able to write and let everyone know that I am cured. Being without social phobia seems like the highest form of freedom to me.

Anonymous

being un lost

I was thinking just now, kind of for the first time. That what I need to do is to be with people who can relate. Who are in the same boat that I am, I typed in google loosing hope and came up with this web sight.

sengd001

does anyone know about any sa groups in the so calif. area??

anybody know about any groups for sa in southern california??