Looking for some friends

I like this forum from what I've seen but a lot of it is a bunch of 20 year old guys complaining that they are still virgins. Not hating-I went through that phase myself in my early 20s-but I'm 36 now, live alone with my cats, worried about what I'll do when my mother dies and I'm truly alone, going to appointments weekly and trying my best to claw my way out of this hell that is extreme social anxiety.

NO ONE I know in real life can relate to this. I'd much rather be mentally challenged like my sister because at least they have plenty of peers to socialize and empathize with. I feel like the social anxiety is bad enough, but life continues to issue out little punishments randomly throughout the day just to be sure you're paying attention. Like being the only woman in church to not receive a flower on Mother's Day. Like having your mentally challenged sister get her first boyfriend and leave you behind. Like not having anyone to co-sign a used car you need because no one likes you enough to do that.

I guess my point is that I'm looking for people who can relate to my feelings and problems. Does anyone want to write to me? Or is there a place that's more appropriate to ask that? This post was actually my mother's idea if you want to know the truth. I've tried making friends online throughout the years and it hasn't really worked out. The person usually quits writing fairly early on. But humans are social animals, so I just keep trying. Anybody wanna be fwands?? :alone:

P.S. Oh, my email is [email protected] if anyone wants to write me.

Hi nowherewoman,
I really relate to what you're saying. That anxiety of feeling alone and fearing for the future.I would be happy to have a person to chat to. I love cats so I think it's really cool that you have them. I've been using this forum for years but I don't post much. I'm going to send you a pm :)

zharl

The whole analysis of the forum being a bunch of 20-something, complaining virgins is understandable. It's certainly a vocal group. :D

That being said, the members of this community are a more varied group than it seems, and I'm certain you'll find someone to relate to if you give it some time! I may not be that person (being one of the 20-somethings myself) and I'm not sure how much we'll have in common, but I'm certainly willing to be a friend if you need it! :)

I'm about to turn 36 and also live alone knowing nobody in my town, but unfortunately can't have cats (I befriend neighbor cats to make up for it). Probably can't keep up with another email-only friend, but if you'd like to instant message or text I do need more friends in those mediums.

fate12321

"Humans are social animals", I keep forgetting I'm human. Anyways, you can pm on here if you'd like. I hardly talk to people in real life or online.