Looking for some advice...

thomas014

I have some questions about SA. I am in college and went to a doctor my freshman year and was prescribed some medication but stopped taking that and then went back my sophmore year and was prescribed effexor xr. I feel like it is not doing anything really to help. My main problems are speaking in front of people, interviews, even reading aloud in class, and also taking photos in front of people (sounds weird but its hard to smile and my face gets shaky). I get very nervous in these situations and my heart beats fast and I cannot think straight, my voice gets shaky, and is just very uncomfortable. It seems like I get so nervous what I will look like in front of people that I end up looking like an idiot because of my anxiety. I don't know what to do if I should get off of the effexor (I have heard of bad withdrawals) that I have been on for about 6 months. It really doesn't seem to help but I wish there was something that could help for these situations. Any advice????

Vancouver

Everyone feels at least a little pressured in those situations. You just feel the impact of the pressure more than most people. It might seem simple, but I've been there, I know how much that sucks.

Check out this site - http://www.socialfear.com/

If you need any extra advice, feel free to PM me. I'm cool like that :)