looking for peace of mind?

savage_beagle

Freedom is a state of mind. Understanding the self is the key to freedom. The more one understands the self, the easier it is to be liberated from the chains of waste and negativity. Freedom is to be uninfluenced and unaffected, to be at peace with the self. Real freedom is to experience the true essence of one's being.

~ Brahma Kumaris, Mt Abu ---When we have learned to love and accept ourselves, we no longer compete with others but enjoy encouraging them to reach for their dreams, we can genuinely celebrate their success and enjoy seeing them go ahead.

~ Brahma Kumaris, Mt Abu----The ability to enjoy one's own company is one of the greatest gifts life has to offer. Learning to turn our thoughts away from all our responsibilities at the day's end and take our mind into a state of peace and benevolence enables us to carry greater and greater loads without feeling burdened. When our inner landscape is full of beautiful thoughts, everything we do is a pleasure. Gently, we calm down chaotic situations and offer solace to troubled minds.

~ Brahma Kumaris, Mt Abu----The most important place to keep clean and tidy are our minds and hearts. If we allow thoughts to flourish that we wouldn't want to see the light of day, we can never have any real self-respect. By starting each day in quiet reflection and pouring positive, loving thoughts into our mind, we gradually clean out cynicism and unkindness. Our mind should be so beautiful and welcoming that God Himself would want to come and see it.
-- Focusing and Controlling the Mind
by Remez Sasson

The mind is the thinking engine that you use for many purposes. Do you have control over it? Can you focus your mind on what you think and do, or does your mind evade control and is disobedient?

Read the following text and find out if your mind is steady:

My mind is stable and I have full control over it.
It is steady and does not waver.
My thoughts are clear and focused.

No, there is no problem with your eyes or computer. If you see the text above vibrating or trembling, it is only a trick to show you how unsteady the mind is (if you do not see the text vibrating, it means that Java is not enabled in your browser).

You use your mind in almost everything you do, and you surely appreciate a mind that is focused. You have probably been in situations where you wished your mind was more focused.

Your thinking becomes clearer and to the point and your memory improves, after you strengthen your control over your mind. You are then in a better position to follow your decisions, goals and ambitions.

When your mind is not focused your thoughts jump quickly from one thought to another. Your mind is restlessness and there is no inner peace.

When your mind is focused and concentrated it becomes quieter and more obedient, and you see and understand everything better, faster and more clearly.

Peace of Mind Tips and Advice
By Remez Sasson

Most people would be glad to have some peace of mind in their lives. They would be happy to forget their troubles, problems and worries, and enjoy a few moments of inner calmness and freedom from obsessing thoughts.

What is peace of mind? It is a state of inner calmness and freedom, when thoughts and worries cease, and there is no stress, strain or fear. This is not a rare occurrence. Such a state is experienced, while one is engaged in some kind of an absorbing activity, such as when watching an interesting movie, meeting with friends, going to the beach, reading a book or while engaging in other similar activities. Such activities take away the mind from its usual thoughts and worries, and bring some temporary inner peace.

While deeply asleep, you are not aware of your thoughts, and so you enjoy peace of mind. Though it might seem strange to you, but deep sleep is a state of inner peace. When waking up from such a sleep, you usually remember having a peaceful sleep.

While being on a vacation, don't you experience some sort of mental numbness after some time? The mind becomes calmer, with fewer thoughts and fewer worries.

Peace of mind is not so rare. The question is, how to bring more of it into one's life, and more importantly, how to stay peaceful in times of trouble. You might also ask whether it is possible to make peace of mind a habit, and enjoy it always and under all circumstances. First you need to learn to bring more moments of inner peace into your daily life, and later you will be able to experience it in times of trouble too, when you most need it.

If you take this subject seriously, peace of mind might even become a natural habit, but for that, special inner training is required, such as concentration exercises and meditation.

If you read the articles in this website, you will find advice and techniques for attaining peace of mind, but for now, here are a few simple things you can do to start on the path toward it.

# Reduce the amount of time you read the newspapers or watch the news on TV.

# Stay away from negative conversations and from negative people.

# Don't hold a grudge. Learn to forget and forgive. Nurturing ill feelings and grievances hurt you and cause lack of sleep.

# Don't be jealous of others. Being jealous means that you have low self-esteem and consider yourself inferior to others. This again, causes lack of inner peace.

# Accept what cannot be changed. This saves a lot of time, energy and worries.

# Every day we face numerous inconveniences, irritations and situations that are beyond our control. If we can change them, that's fine, but this is not always possible. We must learn to put up with such things and accept them cheerfully.

# Learn to be more patient and tolerant with people and events.

# Don't take everything too personally. Some emotional and mental detachment is desirable. Try to view your life and other people with a little detachment and less involvement. Detachment is not indifference, lack of interest or coldness. It is the ability to think and judge impartially and logically. Don't worry if again and again you fail to manifest detachment. Just keep trying.

# Let bygones be gone. Forget the past and concentrate on the present moment. There is no need to evoke unpleasant memories and immerse yourself in them.

# Practice some concentration exercises. This will help you to reject unpleasant thoughts and worries that steal away your peace of mind.

# Learn to practice meditation. Even a few minutes a day will make a change in your life.
Inner peace ultimately leads to external peace. By displaying it in our inner world, we ultimately, in an unconscious way, affect the external world. By creating peace in our inner world, we bring it into the external world, affecting other people.

sabbath9

Banned
excellent post

Now if youre feelin kinda low bout the dues youve been paying
Futures coming much too slow
And you wanna run but somehow you just keep on stayin
Cant decide on which way to go
Yeah, yeah, yeah

I understand about indecision
But I dont care if I get behind
People livin in competition
All I want is to have my peace of mind.

Now youre climbin to the top of the company ladder
Hope it doesnt take too long
Cantcha you see therell come a day when it wont matter
Come a day when youll be gone

People li vin in competition

Take a look ahead, take a look ahead, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...

Now everybodys got advice they just keep on givin
Doesnt mean too much to me
Lots of people out to make-believe theyre livin
Cant decide who they should be.

People li vin in competition

Take a look ahead, take a look ahead. look ahead.