looking for help to overcome my fear of talking to females

Anonymous

hi im 20 yr old male and i am very shy i am not a very out going person because of my shyness i an afraid to approch women because i am afraid of what they will think of me and getting rejected. i have a very hard time making eye contact with people. when i was a kid i was a happy person but for a long time now i have not been. i never really ever feel happy. and when i am i dosent really show. If anyone has any advice that good help me get over my fears and to start feeling good about my self please post your thoughs

Anonymous

Go to strip clubs and meet some hot women in a relaxed social setting. Tell them about your social fears, and find out how they react to what you are telling them. Touch their bodies, etc.

WORD OF WARNING: This can become an extremely compulsive behavior and you can blow TONS of money doing this. You may need a 12 step program to pry yourself out of the strip club world. Let all of your friends and family know about your problem and monitor your progress.

I used to be the way you are, I am a lot more confident now, but I find myself still going back to the strip clubs for a little "sexual healing."

You missed out on the #1 task facing young men: to learn how to integrate their sexual feelings about women into their lives.

Check out this account:

http://www.colosaaintergroup.org/page13.html

GettingThere

There are pleanty of web sites where you could place a free personal ad. In that ad you could stipulate that you are a shy person. That way any girl who you meet will know what to expect. Rememebr that for every shy gut there is roughly one shy girl so don't think that it is an impossible dream because it certainly isn't.

Yossarian

God knows why I would be giving advice about women but maybe a few ideas:

Don't see them as 'women' but individuals. Remember you're a human being and have something to offer people in terms of friendship/relationships. Stop worrying so much about pleasing others and remember that any relationship involves 2 people so look for someone that you would be happy with. Learn to accept or get used to life alone so it doesn't become the be all and end all of your life. Ummm... and practice. Talk to women of all kinds. Probably a load of bollocks but hey.

Anonymous

While he thinks about it...
i would like to say that letters without caps
(LIKE THIS PHRASE) or letters with color anf font size (LIKE THIS) Are way less legible than letters with a duable size. the sight learns to associate and read faster if the words are not in CAPS. I also study graphic design and i dont think caps and color fonts are comfortable to the sight. the more caps you use, the slower the reading is. but u still rule worry :wink:
I accept tomatoes or wathever i deserve 8)

Yossarian

Anonymous said:

I tend to find mispelt words harder to read :lol: just kidding....hehehe
I'm loving the colour and size. It's all cool Woz plus what you're saying too!

Anonymous

I think that you need to stop putting such restrictions on yourself. My boyfriend at 18 years old wanted a wife, not a girlfriend. He is so much more relaxed now and I feel less confined in my role, I am just me, not his potential wife etc.

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with alcohol, but I am an Aussie, and we like our grog. But, at the same time, now I am a bit older, I only drink once every three months or so anyway.

Hardcore music and no drugs I know happens a lot (most of my friends don't do drugs at all) and we are into punk music and other harder stuff. I don't think music should be a criteria though because I have found all sorts of different music through my boyfriend's friends that I just love. I would never have even heard of some of it if it weren't for them.

You might need to have your definite no go zones, for me that is smoking. I could never go out with a smoker. I think though, give a person a chance and don't think about five years later, just two days later or something. If it doesn't work out, you might be upset for a while, but you'll eventually find someone who perhaps when you least expected it, was the best friend you ever met.

It sounds like you might be meeting girls in the wrong places too. I met my guy on a train going to a rock concert about 2000km away. We have ages to chat because there was nowhere we could go.

Didn't you say you were only 20? You have plenty of time, don't feel like you have been left on the shelf.

Anonymous

ok maybe i am being to picky but i would just like to find a someone that i have things in common. sometimes the way i am really pisses me off. before i went in to high school i had a lots of friends none of them did drugs or drank and most of them changed as soon as we got to high school. they started to do things that pissed me off and i just stoped hanging out with them. Now when i see or talk to them they are always telling be about all the shit that they have been up to. and how they get fucked up all the time and try to get me to hang out with but i dont. i dont want to end up being some fucking idiot at a bar getting fucked up and then the next moring waking up and not remebering what or who i did the night before. and as far as music goes i cant see my self starting or wanting to change what i listen to to make friends. I want to find someone to accect me for who i am. i know it is picky and stupid and when i am older i will look back and i will think that is was dumb. but for now this is just the way i am.

Anonymous

Most young people do drink and a lot do drugs in their late teens/early twenties. It usually passes as people grow up and realise who they are. I am personally a bit scared of drugs myself (with alcohol as the only exception) but if my friends choose to do that, then so be it. I am very lucky to have found such close friends who I consider my family who don't really do drugs and we have common ground. But, we have individual tastes and that makes life that bit more interesting.

It is hard to open yourself to the possibilty of something different to your own views. But, you have to think, what makes you so right, you have chosen this way to live, but who says there is not something necessary different and better? You might find that you love Jazz music or ska, even though you had never even considered the possibility before.

I guess I can't stress this enough, you have to be open to anything (within reason). I am from a private school and my boyfriend is most definitely not. His Mum did not go to university or ever have a career, while my Mum is a psychologist and won a scholarship to university. Amazing differences in our lives bring such depth to our relationship. We have different experiences and it makes it all the more interesting.

I am not supposing you go out and find yourself a girl with a nose piercing who is into drugs and alcohol, but don't write people off as soon as you meet them, they might surprise you.

emerald

Good for you, all you can be is who you are. I spent most of my life trying to be what I thought others wanted me to be, and all I ended up being was miserable. I had to make a conscious decision to first of all accept myself, and then to be myself.

Because I was miserable before, people did not really warm to me anyways. now I do the things that I like doing, and I am finding that more people warm to me these days. this is because I am not constantly projecting this "dont really want to be here, not enjoying myself" aura.

Wreck

Re: looking for help to overcome my fear of talking to femal

shyguy84 said:
hi im 20 yr old male and i am very shy i am not a very out going person because of my shyness i an afraid to approch women because i am afraid of what they will think of me and getting rejected. i have a very hard time making eye contact with people. when i was a kid i was a happy person but for a long time now i have not been. i never really ever feel happy. and when i am i dosent really show. If anyone has any advice that good help me get over my fears and to start feeling good about my self please post your thoughs

Are you shy around all girls?

Try this, you wanna be able to talk to girls right, well practice, make a real effort to talk to a girl, doesnt have to be one you like, just talk, practice talking to girls, the more you talk to girls the less harder it should be.

If its almost painfull or you cant even think straight than maybe you should get therapy, i mean if your really feel you are ready to move on, and enjoy life. its all up to you, you might have something holding you back, but youll never know how far you can get if you nver try, and might as well start today, tommorow, the sooner the better.

Imagine one day youll over come your anxeity, wouldnt you rather overcome it now, and enjoy the rest of your ilfe rahter than suffer now untill the day you finally decide to do something about it?

my advice is practice talking to girls, and see if you can take therapy if you havent already.

Good luck!!