''Look she's gone red!'' D:

Tinuviel

I know that feeling! Once I was telling a story to my friends, but even they were my friends I was a bit tense, and in the end of the story they all started laughing like they were supposed to. I don't even know why I turned red but when they stopped laughing one of them said "Oh she's turned red!" and all my friends turned to look at me and I turned ever more red because of that... shoot me!

stellar

It seems like absoluely every time i go red someone comments on it. No body can just leave it alone...wt are thy trying to do? mke U feel ashamed or something? Once one of my old co-workers said to me " Is that bad sunburn or are you going red?".

Siren

krs2snow said:
Aaww! My heart aches for the younger ones in here struggling with this stupidness! Someone asked me the other day- with about 5 other people standing around- "Why are you so RED??!!" Everyone of course turned to look at me and I of course turned 7 more shades. I wanted to ask her "Why are you so FAT??!!" I know that sounds terrible and of course I would never say such a mean thing to someone. But Hello!?! It's the equivalent. Both questions are totally asinine.

I can totally relate.

I don't get why people think it's acceptable to point out something negative about your appearance at any given point, especially since once they do it makes it 10 times worse. I don't go around pointing out embarassing physical qualities on people.

And I can also relate to the going red around male teachers and just boys in general. It's so incredibly annoying because it looks like you have a crush on them when you absolutely don't.

I've had people tell me it's cute, but it certainly doesn't seem like it when "you're getting sooooo red!" is followed by laughter. Plus, it's not just a getting "rosy in the cheeks" kind of red, it's my entire face turning tomato red, bordering on purple kind of red.

that1guy

oh come on guys, blushing aint so bad anyways. Whenever I blush, people just start laughing and the girls think it cute. haha I really dont care if I blush

krs2snow

That1guy, I understand what you're saying and good for you! It seems if you do not care you have less of a problem with it.

However, have you ever experienced blushing to the point where it completely takes over your body? To the point where your legs, arms and face are red? Have you blushed to the point where you were asked if you were choking? Have you felt the heat rush to your face simply because someone said "Hello" to you?

If not, you may not quite understand the affects of chronic blushing.

Siren

krs2snow said:
That1guy, I understand what you're saying and good for you! It seems if you do not care you have less of a problem with it.

However, have you ever experienced blushing to the point where it completely takes over your body? To the point where your legs, arms and face are red? Have you blushed to the point where you were asked if you were choking? Have you felt the heat rush to your face simply because someone said "Hello" to you?

If not, you may not quite understand the affects of chronic blushing.

Well said.

I'm not sure about my legs, I never really looked, but my arms certainly turn only a slightly lighter shade of red than my face, and as I said before, the red in my face is a deep, almost purple red.
I have also felt my pulse pounding in my cheeks from the rush of blood to my face, and the incredible heat that goes with it, just from a small bit of attention.

And I haven't gotten the choking question, but I have been asked if I need to lie down a few times because of my red face.
It is absolutely dehabilitating.

krs2snow

Hi Siren. I got asked if I was choking during an interview! It was the most embarrassing experience ever! I was answering a question he'd asked and I could feel my whole face and arms getting hot. I was hoping he didn't notice! But, he did! He was like "Do you need a drink of water?" I wanted to run out of the interview! I could feel the redness in my whole body! I was a living and breathing tomato! Somehow I stuck it through, though. I never went back to that place (they surprisingly called me back for a second interview!) but I was so proud of myself for not bolting in the middle of the one I had!

herringman1

Had family comming yesterday that i haven't seen in many years...was a nervous wreck while i waited..i drank 4 double rum and covered it up with mouthwash...visit only lasted 1 hour...i was shaking
for hours after..just the thought of any meeting worries me for days..don't know how much longer i can keep this up...61 and still blushing

krs2snow

Hi again Herringman1. I want to give you a big HUG!

**Hugs**

Good for you for getting through the day! It sucks that we even feel uncomfortable around our family though. My family is constantly getting together for holidays and whatnot and I have times where I am soo uncomfortable because I am soo red! :oops: :roll:

herringman1

krs2snow said:
Hi again Herringman1. I want to give you a big HUG!

**Hugs**

Good for you for getting through the day! It sucks that we even feel uncomfortable around our family though. My family is constantly getting together for holidays and whatnot and I have times where I am soo uncomfortable because I am soo red! :oops: :roll:

Thanks Snow..needed that..Going home this summer after 25 years of hiding from them..Dont know how im going to make it...I wise we could be all in a room together to see what happens...we would be all equal and not have the fear of blushing..maybe we would all be cured together..lol

skapunk23

This happened like four months ago.

I'm in high school, and at the time of this, I was in a short story class. The teacher decided to do a group activity (awful). Whenever this happens, I just sit and wait to be assigned to a group. The teacher asked me what group i was in, and I said that i didn't know. He assigned me to a group in the back of the room(i sat in the front). When I got up to walk there, i blushed because i was standing up at the front, and the teacher says "I think he's mad at me". See, i'm shy when i'm not around friends. Anyway, he then turns to me and says "that's all i really get from you, blushing". He said it in a joking manner, but it really wasn't funny at all. It was really awful. I just ignored him and walked back.

Also, just a couple of weeks ago, I had to give a presentation for one of my classes. As soon as I was called on, I blushed. My face stayed red throughout the presentation, and as soon as I sat down, the kid in front of me(who i'm sort of friends with) found it important to inform me of this. The worst part is that he can be loud, and he said "dude, your face is so red right now" in a kind of loud way. I had to look down because i didn't want to see everyone looking at me.

Why do people have to say things about it? god...

milo001

i blush all the time.peoples said to me 2 years ago when i'm in the collegge.they jokes about me that makes me blush and later they said she is blushing.i don't like this as well.i notice i blush a lot since primary school. :(

siren_0_0

I think it's the cutest thing in the world when my guy blushes because of me. I love making him blush... :p :D oops :oops: :oops: He loves making me blush too! hehe. :oops:

As for the uncontrollable kind that is brought on by social anxeity, don't worry about ppl pointing it out when you blush, like, "oh look you are blushing" and "lets stare!" It's not something that's going ruin your reputation. It isn't like they can go around and gossip about it like "oh so and so blushes hahaha" It's not exactly something juicy. They cannot make you the talk of town just because you blush easily.

Lexmark

Winter said:
It's bad enough when you know people can see that you're blushing, but when they decide to comment on it... it makes me feel 50x worse!

Like the other day when I was in general studies, I was feeling a bit better than usual generally about SA but then this girl goes to me 'hey where did you get your boots from I like them' and I was like 'thanks *=]*, they're from new look' I blushed a little but didn't think it was a noticable kinda blush so I was OK until she whispers to her friend (she must think im deaf or something :roll: ) 'look - jess has gone red' and her friend said something which I didn't quite hear. Then they start glancing over at me as my anxiety goes into hyperdrive and I go bright red. A little later the teacher asks me a question out of the blue and I go red again, so she turns to her friend again and goes 'look shes gone red again..'

Anyone else had people comment on you blushing? =/

That would be awful what bitches
The worst is when you go red and there are people that notice and you can tell it makes them feel pretty good and superior

strawberrybrunette

I hate it when people comment about stuff like that. Why do they feel compelled to do it? It doesn't make sense! If somebody is blushing, it's obvious they're embarassed or uncomfortable - so why make them feel worse by picking up on it?

Something similiar happened to me a while ago. I was a this clothes shop, and i had to ask this shop assistant for something. The only assistant around was this really, really cute guy - i would have otherwise avoided, but since he was the only one around, i had no choice. So, the whole time when i was talking to him, i was thinking "Oh my god my voice has gone stupid and squeaky oh my god i'm stuttering oh my god i'm going red" - Then these two girls about my age walk past, and one said to the other - "Look at that girl! She's gone bright red!", and they had a good snigger about it. I could have died. But why did they have to say that? They didn't even know me, yet they were ripping on me. What is the mentallity behind that? I would never laugh at someone i'd never met before - it's just so bleeding rude!

But, as for culprits of this kind of thing - my mum is the worst. Whenever i go out somewhere with her, she's constantly picking people out "Oh, look at that fat woman over there! She shouldn't be eating that doughnut..." or "Look at that girl. Those heels are way to high for her. She can't walk properly in them," - things like that. She thinks she's whispering when she says stuff like that, but she has a VERY LOUD WHISPER. Everyone can hear, and it's terribly embarassing. But i don't understand why people say things like that. If somebody is dressed funny or got a stupid hair style or something, laugh about it IN YOUR HEAD instead of telling the world, and making that poor little person feel daft and self-concious.