Loneliness

Nice2MeetU

I feel the same way as alot of you. I had this group of friends at high school, but since finishing a couple of years ago, I've hardly kept in contact with them, maybe 1 regularly and 3 or 4 irregularly. The ones I have had some contact with never invite me to go anywhere, probably coz I've turned some them down in the past, but I also get the feeling that they just don't think about me in that way friends should...like when they think who should they invite to any kind of social event, it prob doesn't occur to them not to invite me, let alone invite me. It's strange coz even if they did invite me to some stuff I would probably say "no" coz of the the whole SP thing, but the fact that somebody cared about you enough to think they should invite you is something I feel I am missing out on. There's also that weird feeling if you haven't talked to/txt/emailed etc. someone for 1 year+, you don't know if they still wanna have anything to do with you or not, or who still thinks of you as a friend :? ...it's all mixed up!

mistmephit

I guess I'm a bit of a loner. Partly by choice and partly not. I've moved around quite a bit that I left practically all my friends behind and lost contact with them. Every time I have moved it's become harder and harder to make any new friends. If I didn't go to work everyday I would barely ever see another person let alone talk to anyone.

Scottish_Player

Iam a loner definetly,i dont mind it though i feel more comfortable this way,but what i do miss is female company this is the only thing i dislike about being a loner.

The only females i realy talk to are my mum and 1 woman ar work cause i work in a place thats full of guys.

Ive never had a gf and probably never will :cry:

clairet

I'm most definately not a loner by choice, well what I mean is, I love and need the company of other people, but SP stops me from getting out there. Actually, it's not so much the getting out there that's the problem-this is gonna sound awful- but the quality of people that you meet. People never fail to disappoint me, and I include myself in that bracket, I also disappoint myself! I can't spend to long with people cos I always come away feeling down by my unrealistic expectations of humanity! Daft I know...

Scottish_Player

Hi Dazz sorry for not replying to your question earlier i just saw it there :?

Iam from Glasgow,what about you?

Where abouts in Scotland are you from AuroraSky?

Jackie

Im a loner ever since sophmore year of highschool. I like being alone alot because when Im around people I start feeling anxious. Im in college and all my classmates talk to eachother, but I dont ever talk. Im afraid they wont like me, or that ill mess up talking and think im wierd[/list]

Hope

arlequin said:
I have some friends but even so I feel lonely many times. I think I don't fit them. It's really hard to find the friends we dream of.

I think that's roughly where I'm at. I have no family to remedy the situation either. That's sometimes a blessing, based on what I see and hear from others.

While I still have a few friends from the distant past, I find most of them superficial at best, boring and harmful at worst, so I no longer actively pursue them.

A partial cure for loneliness has been to join special interest groups and support groups. Though it hasn't generated much in the way of friendships, at least it allows for constructive social interaction.

lonelywolf

i am a 100% loner never had any friends or a girlfriend im 34 in december and will be on my own also xmas day but ive never known it any other way i have internet xbox games and tv for com[pany and my ever loyal precious wee cat better than any human ive known:cool: