Listening to music...

Lowlight

I was wondering about how people listen to music. If you hear a song, that you know the words to, does the inner voice in your head sing along (or do you just listen to the music alone).

MrJones

I don't just listen to music or sing it with that inner voice. I feel it. Every verse, every note. Music really means a lot to me, it's probably the most important thing I have in my life (which is kind of sad, though). I couldn't live without it.

upndwn

I usually just listen to the song and let the melody take me on an emotional journey. It does happen that I sing however if a song is especially catchy and I know at least some of the lyrics. It's usually just in my head but sometimes also out loud. Usually this happens when I am drunk or at a concert.

Blabla..

yeah , music is in deep contact with the emotions , no doubt it plays such a role for some people , i don't notice what i do when i listen to music , but sometimes i get really carried away haha , especially when i make music , it's like a meditation , everything else goes away

Glitch

Once I've listened to a song a lot and memorized it I do sometimes have the inner voice that sings along. It actually gets kind of distracting/annoying to me when I can't shut that voice off. Also, I wish I could still feel the same emotion as when I first heard the song.. But I listen to music on repeat and play out songs pretty hard.

Blabla..

i even hum melodies sometime , but it makes me feel weird , nobody is ever going to hear that ! i would have to kill myself if anyone cough me by surprise