Liquid Bandaid/ New Skin

SuperSoaker

Smells like crap and feels like crap but boy were my hands dry after a generous coating. Not a good solution, but I'm throwing it out there.

albarosa2008

Very interesting and clever! Wouldn't have thought of it myself. Is it expensive and how long does it last? Does it leave your hands ubber-dry, like unpleasantly so? Have you tried ionto, topical med. or meds for your h.h.? Sorry for all the questions, I just like to know what others with this condition we all share are up too. Thanks.

BiGz

I've actually thought of doing something like this but didn't know of a substance I could try it with. Good stuff!!

SuperSoaker

My left hand I left alone, my right hand I coated generously on cracks and lines, and lightly on the remaining surface. I did this in preparation of a long, tedious ceremony, in which the climax consists of shaking the hands of about 50 people. During the entire ordeal and at its end, my left hand was visibly soaked. As for my right hand, though it felt like I was sweating there were no visible signs of it; every 3-4 minutes I pressed my right hand on my forearm to feel for wetness, and I did the same with my left hand to compare. My right hand was dry despite my body telling me otherwise.

New skin is waterproof, meaning water cannot pass through. I figured that if liquid cannot get in, then liquid cannot get out. Further testing is needed to see if this genuinely works, but this solution is utterly useless if you're trying for some alone time with another person- worse, if this person has soft skin and a nose like a bloodhound's. The idea of using liquid bandaid came to me from the movie Gattacca- the protagonist would put on fake skin on his fingertips.

I personally have tried topical solutions, sleep deprivation, alcohol, meditation, and consultations with unhelpful doctors. The list continues to grow.

BiGz

The product I thought of using was paint on latex like those body artists use, but I wouldn't have a clue where you would get that or if you can even get it in a clear.

Sleep deprivation hey? Funny you say that because I'm always tired and sometimes under extreme cases it seems to help reduce or stop my sweating in what would usually be sweaty situations. I've always thought it to be that the body hasn't really woken up and also when you are that tired you don't usually stress as much either.