light therapy

chev

Has anyone had any luck with light therapy for depression? I've been thinking about getting special lighting to try to help with it, but looking online, I've found that most of the lighting made for this is rather expensive. I know most of this type of light therapy is made more for people with seasonal affective disorder, but I figure it would still help me at least a little. My apartment doesn't have great lighting, so even on sunny days it can still be kind of dark inside. I'm noticing that every day that it rains all the things that already get me down are much harder to deal with, so I figure it'd be worth a shot looking into light therapy. If any of you have benefited from this type of lighting, can you make any recommendations? Anything reasonably priced?

Lavinialuna

I had one and actually gave me migraines. Then I started taking mega doses of vitamin D3 and it worked wonders. I take 2000 IU a day.

chev

I had one and actually gave me migraines. Then I started taking mega doses of vitamin D3 and it worked wonders. I take 2000 IU a day.

Thanks for the advice. I'm glad I asked before buying any of the lights, because I would probably end up getting migraines as well.