life with Agoraphobia up to date 1/19/08

Joshy11

Well i am 17 years old and i have agoraphobia. It really hit me hard last year, When they had a skewl lock down and i felt Trapped in the room. My my problem occurs for one reason like fealing like iwont be able to get out of a situation to take a piss. I kno it might sound funny but its a very eritating hting to live with i went threw the problem for like 4 months with it very hard to do things like i would leave my house every now and then to go to tutoring cause being in skewl was hard for me but like i would leave every day but i would find my self right back in my room. the problem seemed to not go away but wasnt as a big thing to me any more for 7 months i conquered my fears and then as of 2 weeks ago my fears came right back and now its is hard to do anythign and i am workin very hard to get rid of this again...... Just stopping by to tell my story :wink:
back again .... Which can only mean one thing STILL STRUGGLING... so after last time posting I got back on my mede and it releaved me....I started college but dropped out cause my agoraphobia kicked back in so I came back home was alright for about a month now I'm fealing back to the agoraphobia side of me! I have no idea how ot came back but it really fucks up life I've had offers to go live in a beautiful house in flordia which I rejected cause of my safe zone and I cant work full times cause I'm being affected there....I think I speak for a lot of ppl when I say life with agoraphobia sucks..I think also I'm retarded cause everytime I feel good and I stop taking my medicine and I always end up rightback were I started.. But I think I'm lucky to be a strong person cause I test myself cause I am a talented person and I belive hopefully one I can be cured..well I shall be going to bed feel free to comment back... Night

MH06

perhaps letting a teacher or a nurse at the school know?

I let my nurse know and i now can get a card and i just show it to my teacher and they wont ask any questions and will just let me go.

SilentType

Banned
Tough times bro. I'm dealin with the same shit right now. I've been out of college for a year though, and I don't really want to go back either. You don't need college to make money, first of all. Online school is always an option though. I'm planning on taking a vacation just to get away from my small hometown for a while and try to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. I'll be graduating from a medical transcription program soon so I'll be able to make money from home while I ponder my future. I've just seemed to have lost all of my passions since panic disorder hit me at about the same age as you, shortly followed by a diagnoses of agoraphobia. I feel like I have to go back and rekindle those passions somewhere peaceful along the Northern California coast. The only meds that really work for me are benzodiazepines, and I'm tired of the addiction and needing more to achieve the same effect.... My doctor says I may be on them the rest of my life. I don't want that. I'm on disability because of all this and it would be fairly easy to obtain a medical marijuana card in california. I'm up at 4am after double dosing my benzodiazepines... If I had some of that green stuff, I'd be able to sleep in the blink of an eye. It's such a better medicine for this condition but the stigma that surrounds it is so evil that most people dismiss this option. There are doctors in California who know this and will recommend marijuana as medicine for anxiety disorders, insomnia, and pretty much any condition you have medical records of, as long as marijuana has a therapeutic effect.

Peace

Joshy11

im not big on smoking weed tho.. i mean weed is around me everyday but im not big on smoking it just really doesnt bring me to a level were im worriless and think that im cured of panic disorder