life in a hat

nicola_maire

i havnt come on here to preach judge or wateva, i found myself once in a simlilair situation. but why is it all you do i moan about ur negatives? and the only thing most of u reply to is 'who here feels like shit?' (no offense ment) i think maybe u need to realise that the clock dont stop ticking, every thing u do, is time consumed, and why make it a negative thing? i know mental illness can be hard, but even with medicen, psychotherapy, the main therapy is you!!!!! you can be strong, i think some of you find it easier to be consumed. at the end of the day, u mite try and fail, but who's keepin count, just try again, and again, and again! until u have come just that lil but further, i ent that happy wid myself, ive got depression at the mo, im on prozac, but the fact i refuse to give into it, keep me above it, coice life then sa, not sa then life.

Skyla

I know positivity is the answer. But you're hardly likely to come on a SA site or any other mental illness site circuling around depression and find positive posts.
this is part of why we have what is called SA (negative thinking). i agree positivity is the way, but let people deal with things in there own pace. everyone on here KNOWS positivity is the way forward, however for some of us this is the only place to have a moan and to reall let out some steam.
and im NOT jumping at you, LOL. im just saying :wink:

renegade

I'm with you on this, nicola_maire, thinking positive is the right way, and nothing is gonna help you if YOU don;t do nothing about it.

But you can't always think positive and feel happy, it's not something u choose, and belive me, depression is a big pain in the ass.

I try to find the humor in my condition cause I know that helps, but hey, u can't find the good part in everything, like: wow, I feel great, I have no friends, nobody likes me, I can't relate to anyone in real life, I'm a social freak, i'll never get a girlfriend, this is really fun :D

Anyway, I haven't been so depressed lately cause I had other thing to keep me busy, like a flu with 104 F/ 40 C fever and headaches :lol:

But I try and force myself to find the positive part in all things, sometimes I succed, sometimes I don't.

stardog

nicola_maire said:
i havnt come on here to preach judge or wateva, i found myself once in a simlilair situation. but why is it all you do i moan about ur negatives? and the only thing most of u reply to is 'who here feels like shit?' (no offense ment) i think maybe u need to realise that the clock dont stop ticking, every thing u do, is time consumed, and why make it a negative thing? i know mental illness can be hard, but even with medicen, psychotherapy, the main therapy is you!!!!! you can be strong, i think some of you find it easier to be consumed. at the end of the day, u mite try and fail, but who's keepin count, just try again, and again, and again! until u have come just that lil but further, i ent that happy wid myself, ive got depression at the mo, im on prozac, but the fact i refuse to give into it, keep me above it, coice life then sa, not sa then life.

Yeah, I agree totally.

A lot of threads on SPW involve people 'moaning' about not getting a job, girlfriend or whatever (I suppose I've done this in the past too) I think it just brings everyone down to some extent, and makes people feel that bit more hopeless to change their own lives. I KNOW it would be healthier for everyone if we only talked about positive things on this board, but since SA'ers have a lot of negative thoughts and frustrations there tends to be more negativity because that is just the way people are feeling. I would guess some 80-90% of peeps on the board suffer from some kind of major depression, and it shows. Off-topic posts are always good, but it doesnt take away from the general depressive mood that much!

I really wish more people who had triumphed over SA would take the time to come back here to tell us about it. Always makes me feel better personally, knowing that someone's turned their life around like that

LemonKiss

I think you are right in that being positive and on your own side is a very good thing. However, I think your method of changing this is uneffective. People do not like to be told what to do. The best way to get someone to change is by example. If you set a good example you will probably influence people a lot.

Another thing: there is absolutely nothing wrong with what we do here. We share our feelings of misery and despair with one another in hopes to find that we are not alone. And I do believe that it is a very comforting feeling to know that other people are suffering from the very same thing that seems to only infect you. ( :

stardog

LemonKiss said:
We share our feelings of misery and despair with one another in hopes to find that we are not alone. And I do believe that it is a very comforting feeling to know that other people are suffering from the very same thing that seems to only infect you. ( :

Yeah it is comforting, but I don't know if it really helps anyone to get better thats all. To recover (from depression at least) you need to eliminate negative thoughts, and seeing so many negative comments I believe could just serve to bring people down further and lower their self worth. People relate these things to their own lives, and kind of 'absorb' other peoples problems.

Anyway, this post has been kind of pointless, cause I guess the nature of these boards is to share your problems, but do you know what I mean. At some point youve just gotta get out of this hell, and start living in the real world. And guys you must feel this too!

Nytro

right on! if you feel sad and feel out of place, what can you possible do on your free time to make your confidence and comfort higher

you could get on a good sleep schedule
go on website tht make you laugh
exercise at least 4 days a week
say something possitive about yourself every morning

try me if you can do this for a month and not feel the slightest bit better
about yourself then im done but I guarantee you can improve your self worth
and feel less socialy anxious

Im 21, never went on a roller coaster in my life and went on a whole buch of them over the summer, 1 pack of cigarettes and a fainting I went on 6 roller coasters, I may have also shouted my lungs out but after I was done I felt awsome, it wasnt so bad and ill go on them again next year. Im extremely afraid of heights, I wont even go near the glass railing in the mall's 2nd floor but at least i tried.

4myself

O.K Nytro, you have thrown down the gauntlet, I would like to take the 'NytroChallenge' with a few variations. O.K, lets see, for one month I will follow your guidelines if we can come to a compromise
1/I already have a good sleep pattern, so that is taken care of. :)
2/ Go on websites that make you laugh. Can I substitute watching comedy on t.v or reading funny books for some of the time online?
3/Excercise at least 4 days a week. Can I cut that down to 3 days? Please, I hate excercise.
4/ Say something positive about yourself every morning. I can do that.

So can I have these slight modifications to the program? :)

LittleMissScareAll

our lives(or at least mine) are negative though. we cant help how we feel, or that our lives suck. and i've tried to be positive and it just doesn't work for me. i can't be positive & optimistic. when i've tried that, it just makes me so much more disappointed when bad stuff happens, than when i have a negative attitude all the time and bad stuff happens...so all i will ever be is pessimistic. no expectations, no disappointments. i'll always expect the worst because when i expect good things, all i EVER get is disappointment. i'll be optimistic and positive when i win the lottery. which will be never.

Nytro

NIIIICCEE! Im glad that your giving it a try, it could only help

1) If your going to do only 3 days I suggest cardio 30-45 minutes on an exercise bike or a 3/4 to 1 mile jog can be done any time but spread apart like Mon, Wed, Fri if you did it together you would get nowhere.

2) That 4th day do as many pushups as you can do and about 50 quick crunches, and 150 jumping jacks with TV : )

3) If you eat out alot you should stop at 7pm and if your still hungry have something light like a yogurt or an fruit.

4) Pat yourself on the back more, like me you came to this site in search for answers, support, and just a great place to talk.

5) Every morning think of something your good at or what you are capable of, pretend like you have 1 week to live and before you start living out your day other than what you do regular what can you do "today" that you can appreciate tomorrow

6) try to make 1 person laugh or smile. it could be anyone
and compliment them.

7) If you ever stray away and your thoughts are drifting to something negative, imagine some sort of red light or stop sign, then say to yourself
if you feel anxious or blue, say somthing compromising

like this might be hard to do but ive done it before, and when im done I always feel ive acomplished something, and that makes me happy

whatever the situation is you can always develop a positive or neutral thing to counter the negative feelings

never like, im the happest guy in the world because your brain wont take it seriously

30 days, take a few minutes to mentally plan your goals to fit in with your schedule

Nytro

you can never hope and wait for good things to come you have to take them
littlemissscareall how can you be so pesimistic your attractive, have a good piece of mind, comitted, and talented

your not blind, deaf, have cancer and your young
youve got soo much more potential than you believe

Its just the truth
:D

LittleMissScareAll

Nytro said:
you can never hope and wait for good things to come you have to take them
littlemissscareall how can you be so pesimistic your attractive, have a good piece of mind, comitted, and talented

your not blind, deaf, have cancer and your young
youve got soo much more potential than you believe

Its just the truth
:D

thanks...i'm not talented or attractive though, in my opinion...and i might have cancer...who knows 8O 8O 8O i know i will get it someday(if i live long enough) because i fear it so much and because quite a few people in my family have had it :cry:

Nytro

so should i stop giving advice? I just think its good way to keep moving forward rather than live out my days feeling the same way day in day out.

Nytro

Your right people just listenting too does brigten the day more, when you know people care. :D

I like the peas picture its cute :p

4myself

Thanks Nytro, for the advice. I think I might start a NytroChallenge topic to keep track of the experiment and that way if anyone else wants to join in then they can too. Is this o.k with you?. You may be able to give us some hints and tips as we go along if you have time.