Life Altering Reads ... got any???

Butterflies

There are a few books/texts I've read that have really positively impacted my life and helped with Social Anxiety..

Anyone else have any..

Some of mine are:

The Highly Sensitive Person
The Glen Bland Method of Success
Nelson Mandella's autobiography.
How To Motivate, Market & Manage Youself

If anyone else has any recommonded reads - I'd be interested in knowing about them. Thx.

Tiptoe

Hi Butterflies

Great idea for a thread and thanks for those suggestions. Just one recent read from me (with a Buddhist theme) which I found very empowering and you don't have to be a Buddhist to understand it!

It's Up To You
Dzigar Kongtrul

okkamsrazor

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche
:)
I got a few more books by him but this one took the cherry, truly amazing.
Now all I gotta do is own a copy!

Joey86

A book that was a great read was:

"Party of One: The Loners' Manifesto" by Anneli Rufus

While some people might see it as a bit of a negative book, there's a lot of ah-ha moments where you think to yourself "that's like my life". The good thing is that it praises loners, and tries to irrefutably claim that the world would be stuffed without them.

Others that I think helped me include:

"The Introvert Advantage: How to Thrive in an Extrovert World" by Marti Olsen Lanley

"Don't Sweat the Small Stuff... And it's all Small Stuff" by Richard Carlson

What's ironic is that I've yet to find a specific social anxiety related book that is any good. I've read "Living Fully with Shyness and Social Axiety" by Erika Hillard, and "Diagonally-Parked in a Parallel Universe: Working Through Social Anxiety" by Signe Dayhoff, and they were both pretty useless.

Joey86

butterflies said:
Joey86 said:
"Don't Sweat the Small Stuff... And it's all Small Stuff" by Richard Carlson

I enjoyed this one too.

Yup the good thing about this book was that it didn't read like a text book. Each of the tips and stuff were only a few pages long, so you could read one tip quickly before your day started, and actually try it out for yourself. It's useless to read chapters and chapters of stuff if you're not going to work on it anyway.

D

deleteduser

Well i don't know about it helping me with social anxiety, but harry potter definitely changed my life positively :lol:

Butterflies

sabbath92001 said:
Get Out of Your Mind & Into Your Life by Dr Steven C Hayes (it's an ACT self-help workbook)

RFT Tutorial

The Wisdom of Negative Thinking by Dr. Tony Humphreys

Caring for Your Introvert

Hey Sabbath - can you send me the link for the order page? When I clicked on your link - there was so much stuff - I didn't have time to look at it all. Just want to order the publication your talking about.

I've done CBT and practice it daily in my life. It has made an enormous difference but I'm always interested in new self-development stuff.