Lexapro

prince1

Anyone been on this medication with sucess? ive been prescribed it for deppression but i think its also used for SA so just wondering if its worth the stomache space?

Fidgey

Did not do anything for me unfortunately. The only side effect it gave me was 20 extra kilograms.
I gave it a good shot 6 months but hopefully it works for you. Many people have had success on it.

prince1

Fidgey said:
Did not do anything for me unfortunately. The only side effect it gave me was 20 extra kilograms.
I gave it a good shot 6 months but hopefully it works for you. Many people have had success on it.

thx for your reply, i could do with putting some weight on lol. But yerh hopefully it does do something for me.

rado31

I heard of lot of people with SA that gives them relief at last. I have heard that common side effect is insomnia. But, i guess you function well, so you have less time to sleep (Although it is not definition of insomnia)

My worry is-when i come to doctor all frightened of authority that he would me presribe someting harder rather than this one . I rember that when some member told doctor that shee feels people our watching her, he missed her condition with psychosis.

CTman

My friend was taking it for a bit, at first I thought she said it might have been working.. but later on I remember it causing more side effects than helping. She has since changed her medicine. :)

Fidgey

prince1 said:
Fidgey said:

thx for your reply, i could do with putting some weight on lol. But yerh hopefully it does do something for me.

Your welcome. I didn't mind the extra weight much either. I went from 70kgs to 90. I now have shoulders and an even bigger ass :D

monsieurb56

prince1 said:
Anyone been on this medication with sucess? ive been prescribed it for deppression but i think its also used for SA so just wondering if its worth the stomache space?

I've taken it for OCD and social anxiety and it has helped with both. Specifically, my strong social anxiety nearly vanished when I went up to 20 milligrams. When I tried going back down to 15 milligrams, it came back, so I went back to 20 and within a month and a half my social anxiety was back down again.

Lately I'm feeling a little more anxious and I'm not sure if it's because I missed a dose several weeks ago or if I'm just having a bad week or two. We'll have to see I guess. My psychiatrist recommends combining cognitive therapy AND medication when it comes to something such as social anxiety. I'd recommend the same.