lexapro

Hi All,

I was on the road to recovery by using CBT and the other day I had a bad episode so my doctor said the take 5mg of Lexapro to take the each of this.

So I started yesterday and my anxiety returned 10 folds and now I feel I have slipped back into my old anxious self again and I'm upset.

Has anyone else had this issue ? I'm not going to take this drug as CBT was doing so well. Now I feel all my hard work has been lost.

What should I do ? Since deciding to change my life things have been so good. But this drug has just put me back to square one.. :confused:

thanks

Exposure

Hey , you cant have a setback unless you made progress so view it like that , well done and keep at it , my opinion is dont bother with the meds , you dont need them , use exercise instead of the meds , it will burn off the adrenaline .

thanks all... how much exercise is enough do you think ?

yep will talk to doc but they are not in touch with side effects and so on so really wanted some help from SA people..

Noca

Banned
Lexapro doses range from 5mg-30mg. So 5mg is a low dose. You need to keep using the medication everyday for over a month before you can see any reduction in symptoms of the illness you are trying to treat. If you cant tolerate the side effects, talk to your doctor and he/she will give you something else to try.