Leaving the house

Caseums21

I left the house the other day to go shopping and visit my ex. co-workers. I was actually out of the house for about 5 hours. I rather go in town by myself then with someone else. When I go with someone else, I freak out worse. It's usually the opposite for most people.

Anyways, my friend keeps pestering me about going out tonight. She doesn't know anything about my phobias nor does she need to know. I told her that I may go out. She wants to go drink but I don't drink anymore. Its just not fun to go out to bars when you don't drink. There is nothing else to do.

For about 5 weeks, I kept making excuses of not going out but I can no longer think of excuses. So I guess I have to go. This is going to be interesting.

slimjim119

I don't like going to bars either. If they have pool tables,I don't mind as much because It relaxes me and I forget what's going on around me. I usually only have a couple drinks. Some friends don't know about my SA as well. Hope you have a good time.

Caseums21

Thanks for your reply. So I left the house at 9pm, picked up my friends, and then went to the bar. I was actually fine. No attacks and I felt comfortable. Time flew past and we left at 2am. I'm sure I'll have anxiety when I go out at times but I'm so glad that tonight, I didn't. I took small steps until I got to this point.

Also, we talked so much that I'm losing my voice. I must not be used to talking so much.