Learning lession of the day: Lying is good

redtear

So I met this girl the other day at a hair salon. She's studying for an exam, the mcat, that is required to get into med school. And her mom is the person in charge of the hiring process at a hospital I recently applied to (yeah, I know, freaky coincidences happen to me all the time).

I managed to talk to her, exchange contact info, and pretty much made a good impression. Woohoo, go me :D

So I'm thinking this is great. If I can get to know her it might help me at least get an interview at this hospital.

But then a day or two pass, and I know I need to send a text, or call, or something, to really establish a connection. But for the life of me I can't figure out what to say! I mean a "hey what's up. Just wanted to say hi" is gonna sound really creepy.

I was talking it over with a friend. I friend without anxiety problems. And he suggested telling her I have another friend who's also taking the mcat and she needs advise on which books to use to study from. At least using that as an excuse to start up a conversation.

I'm just like, bloody hell, that's brilliant. How do people think of these things? I mean really, how? :confused:

Oh, and it worked. :D

:) Other people have different perspectives on our problems and can often see solutions that we would never think of