Latex Gloves

Goldsickle

Okay, a lot of geniuses keep on telling me and other people with hyperhidrosis to "wear gloves". I think they're missing the point that we want the sweating to stop so we can lead normal lives. We want to be able to shake hands and eat normally.

How many of you actually wore gloves? Does it work?

HHcry

I don't have palmer HH, but I really don't understand what you mean by.. "Does it work?" I think it would be sort of odd to wear latex gloves all the time, but I may not be understanding this right.

Goldsickle

I personally don't want to wear gloves all the time but honestly, I have never actually worn them at all for work. All this while, I have only been pursuing methods in making my hands dry.

I'm only asking those who have actually used them before to tell me if it works for them.

I have only read about people with Palmar HH who wear latex gloves as part of their jobs (dentists, etc.) and they aren't comfortable sweating in their gloves and making them sticky.

HHcry

Just was curious... Since the forum moves rather slowly. I'd like to understand the subjects as they appear, but that's just me.

Well.. Ok then..

S

sweatypalms564

I have palmar HH. I completely know what u mean!!!! I am in school to become a physical therapist assistant and I have to touch people all the time. Yes...people tell me to wear gloves. this just keeps the sweat inside and eventually it drips out....ewww!! right?! Plus, no one else wheres gloves. If i put them on the patients think there is something wrongwith them. It is soooo embarassing!! So, I want some sort of cure too!!!!! I do use Aluminum chloride 20% prescribed by my doctor. You have to dab ur hands like ur playing bingo...it stinks...plus the "dabber" usually breaks and then it comes out quicker. And, that stuff dries out your hands...I think i have a social anxiety and thats whats also contributing to my sweating....i hate it....but i still want to be a treating physical therpist assistant...sorry patients...lol
Kelly