Laser Sweat Abelation.."MiraDry," A Cure?

husky337

Guys, check these articles/info out.

Miradry is expected to be available for the general public sometime in the near future/now where it is a laser sweat abelation procedure for the armpits only. Seems safe, effective, and easy. Just a quick local anesthesia shot to the armpits, they wave a laser around, and boom you are done with sweating in your armpits supposedly. Here are links you should definitely take some time to look at:

Don't Sweat It: New technological breakthrough to help over-sweating | wwltv.com New Orleans (video)

miraDry - hyperhidrosis treatment to stop excessive sweating without surgery

Lasting Treatment for Excessive Underarm Sweating Now Available - Scripps Health - San Diego

If it actually works and I start hearing more positive results about it, even though right now (for some reason that I do not understand) its only for the armpits, that would be a huge positive step for me to eradicate my armpit HH.

One thing that concerns me though is the difference between us with HH and people who just sweat more in their armpits, and the different side-effects or repercussions of such a procedure. What I am getting at is if, for instance using myself as an example, I do this Miradry on my armpits, will I get compensatory sweating elsewhere? Like maybe more sweat diverted to my hands or face? Because that would be awful. I am concerned about the CS because I've noticed that my body might like to "shift" sweat to other places, being on Robinul (as I posted earlier), the dryness I am now getting in my hands, feet, and armpits may be resulting in increased facial sweating for me.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you know why they can't do the Miradry thing on our hands and/or feet also please post because I'm dying to know.

Thanks!

hyp-hi

I think someone mentioned this in a thread earlier. From what I remember, people contacted them and they just said it is not available for other areas such as hands right now. If it work, I think they should definitely try it out for the other areas.

Sprawling

Compensatory sweating will usually happen else where with us HH folk. Our bodies seem to just sweat with thoughts, so it will come out.

wannabedry

does anyone have thoughts on miradry being possible for the heavy compensatory sweaters like myself who will need it for the stomach and back??
I also would do the feet if I can but my main concern is the stomach and back as I had ets 10 yrs ago and my CS there is intense and life altering.. anyone else out there in the same situation.? I suppose Ill contact miradry and get to the bottom of it.

Jezza

@wannabedry

The company just got it FDA approved for armpits, so they can't officially offer the treatment for other areas unless they go through a bunch of no doubt costly testing. Since this procedure will only be available in hospitals/clinics they too will want to avoid using it for other areas. So that's either not going to happen or will take a lot of time (until it's approved for other areas).

That said in theory I think it should probably work on other areas, cause why not? However, with he radiation/heating and such I'd be apprehensive to use it on my back (nerves in the spine) or in that other area that unfortunately tends to sweat a lot (because of the soft tissue).

Still, it would be ideal either way if this were to be effective for hands etc, since it would save days in a year that now have to be spend on ionto treatments.