lack of motivation

Meatwad

Does anyone else find that they have a complete lack of motivaton? i don't look forward to anything in life (I'm graduating in December) and I can't get interested in anything, as far as a hobby or something. i feel like I am just aloof about everything and nothing interests me that much.

thugaveli

Ye ive always had a lack of motivation, each morning i feel like crap and wonder why i bother
I don't really have ambitions or anything to look forward to either

Exercise is good for motivation but you need to be motivated to do exercise
Sometimes i force myself no matter if my heads droppin off and it puts me in gear for the day
Sometimes it works sometimes not but its worth a try

Maybe you should find out what your intrests are and then really force yourself into something just to say ''yes i have a hobby / intrest''
Its always good to keep busy at something you enjoy it takes your mind off things and also you'll make new friends with similar intrests

hi moog

i feel the same way 2, everything i used to like dosen't give me as much happines as before, i think its because i stay in most of the time & dont do many things and that kills my motivation. anyway all the best

IceLad

I always seem to have a lack of motivation. What's the point of getting out of bed everyday, knowing that you're going to be completely worn down by your everyday routine, and having the same anxious feelings day in, day out over the smallest of things.

Having said all that, I still get up everyday and force myself to go outside because I've known over the years that I've spent way too much time being 'safe' indoors, and that nothing is going to change for the better if I just lock myself away, but boy is it hard work sometimes!

Scottish_Player

I can lack total motivation, but like its been said i need to force myself to do somthing even although i 100% dont want to do it, even just cut the grass, do a bit of exercise or even go for a drive, anything just to stop me from sitting at home doing fcuk all. Iam on a weeks holiday this week and i have planned stuff for everyday for me too do because i have taken too many holidays and just spent them sitting in the house :roll: tommorow iam going out in my kayak :D thursday iam going to do the garden stuff like cut the grass and hedge and friday iam gonna take my dad up to Ben Nevis (the tallest mountain in britain) for a drive :wink:

Invisible_Alien

Yes, at times almost a complete lack of motivation. Years ago I was so sure of what I wanted to do in life, what I hoped to get out of it and looked to the furture with hope and anticipation. Now everyday seems like the last, and I doubt it will be much different in the near future. I have no career goals, don't see myself making any anytime soon and don't really care. I have a job that pays the bills but it's never what I saw myself doing long term. Maybe it's just from the years of depression, the incompleteness I feel in my soul or the hallow pit that digs deep inside my heart. At the very least I can say I do have the motivation to get up in the morning.

Angie_05

I force myself to go out and do things also. Some people see me as very ambitious, and I am, but if it weren't for the pressures of society, I would probably sit in my room forever and not go out.

I think a lot of us feel like we're not motivated, but if it weren't for our fears of social interaction, we would be much more likely to go out and do the things we want to do. I know my social anxiety keeps me from doing many things that I am passionate about.

koyaanisqatsi

I lack motivation also. It's not just SPia or SA, but depression. Like another poster, I sometimes bother with simple personal hygiene issues. It doesn't help that I got a couple idiots, one being my brother, hammering me over simple things that aren't really their business. Or that my local mental health provider is not providing any help. I could go on, but...

sheree

It depends what my mood is sometimes i can be on the go all day
then another time i dont do anything except mess around on my Playstation 2!

Karail

sheree said:
It depends what my mood is sometimes i can be on the go all day
then another time i dont do anything except mess around on my Playstation 2!

same here, althought i lazy more than i am energetic. motivation is all a state of mind if you reallly want something enought the you can motivate yourself to do it.

sheree

Yes like today it's been raining and there's nothing to do
:?
and i'm bored!
i'd love to work or something but i dont think i'm ready for it
well i know i'm not actually :oops:

IcanDoIt

=*::..MOTIVATION..::=*

the key to success n improvement
the key to eliminate SA
long term motivation is the one we need, not short term

but the bloody depression that comes with SA is hindering IT!!

veryshy

For me its not a lack of motivation, I dont know what it but I WANT to get out and do something, theres just nothing that draws my attention, nobody to do it with.

thugaveli

Ive got a solution to get me motivated

Lots of pepsi, bang on the old headfones and sum 41 - chuck album and penetrate them ear drums till your whole body is ready to go into orbit

.........the things you have to do to motivate yourself......pfff

redlady

thugaveli wrote:

bang on the old headfones

They don't really provide me with motivation as such, but walking around with them on provides me with a blessed distraction from my bloody thoughts.

All hyped up on pepsi and loud rock music - i'd like to see the effects of that walking down the street. :lol:

thugaveli

redlady said:
thugaveli wrote:

bang on the old headfones

They don't really provide me with motivation as such, but walking around with them on provides me with a blessed distraction from my bloody thoughts.

All hyped up on pepsi and loud rock music - i'd like to see the effects of that walking down the street. :lol:

Well i wouldn't go walking down the streets with boomin headfones on and a 2 litre bottle of pepsi lol :lol: , it sure gets me to do the housework though

Ye i know what you mean about the distraction, i usually take my mp3 player when i walk the dog and it just takes my mind off people around me

Danfalc

Banned
squeakyfish said:
the question is. how do you build motivation

Motivation is somthing i really struggle with aswell, so maybe i have no right to give advice on it.But in a book ive been reading it say's

"Most people think that they need to wait untill motivation hits them them before acting.Unfortunately, if you operate on this assumption,you could be in for a long wait.That's because facing your fears doesnt particulary feel good.It can even increase your anxiety for a little whileYou may never feel like tackling it.However if you start to take action and feel a little progress,your motivation surges."

I dont know how true this is, because i havnt had the motivation to put it into practice yet :lol:

koyaanisqatsi

Who wrote that book? I simply don't think you can generalize as the author has. I've had good ( not "good", but somewhat productive) days where I felt reasonably satisfied with the day. The next day, I wake up and don't what to do _anything_. I can't speak for everyone, but the author is wrong about me. Nor do I think I need to "wait until motivation hits...before acting". I act when I am able to or when I have to. I'm often unable to act on things. I acted on something important today. Tomorrow?

I suppose that I should appreciate the author's attempt to encourage people, but I think he runs the risk of discouraging people who have had the same experience I've had.

Danfalc said:
squeakyfish said:
the question is. how do you build motivation

Motivation is somthing i really struggle with aswell, so maybe i have no right to give advice on it.But in a book ive been reading it say's

"Most people think that they need to wait untill motivation hits them them before acting.Unfortunately, if you operate on this assumption,you could be in for a long wait.That's because facing your fears doesnt particulary feel good.It can even increase your anxiety for a little whileYou may never feel like tackling it.However if you start to take action and feel a little progress,your motivation surges."

I dont know how true this is, because i havnt had the motivation to put it into practice yet :lol: