Keeping Friends

ash_2001

Kinetik said:
I always get irritated by the situations I find myself in with any friends I've had in life so it's as if I want to keep starting with a clean slate, you know, burning all my bridges all the time. I have no problem with just leaving everything and everyone. It's kind of weird.

Wow. I have no problem letting go either. I've done that a few times. Only lately, I haven't been that successful, friends are unwilling to let go. They've been let in on my tendency to push people away from myself.

Is this tendency tied in with SA, you think?

I always hate running into old friends on the street. They're always with a bunch of other friends, and I'm either alone or with my dad/parents. Ugh.

I once went to a restaurant with my dad, and I saw this old friend who I remember being sort of shy, but here he was surrounded by three cute girls. I was with my dad. That got me down about myself for the rest of the day.

emmdee

Oh yeah. It's easy to make acquantances, it's easy to ask someone to hang out. But the hard part is the connection. No one wants just anyone for their best friend - they want someone they have things in common with, someone who knows and likes you for who you are, and someone who cares. It's not really the first part you have to worry about, it's more the second and third part - it's hard finding people who care these days, especially in the teenage years. And when you don't care, it's hard to like people for who they are - especially with the media and crap that's on MTV.

But don't give up - there's still many years to come and tons more fun to be had.