Keep thinking

daniel_monster

I quit my job of 5 years a month ago because my boss gave me horrible anxiety. For 3 of those 5 years i was responsible for closing and locking the building up and every morning my boss would give me s**t for not doing "this" right or some other small thing. Everyday since I quit I keep thinking "I forgot to lock the door!" or getting anxious about not doing some task at my old job. It's been over a month now and the feelings are still strong.

I already know this is obsessive because it's really affecting my life in a bad way. It's pretty sad that my old job and boss are starting to wear down my new job. Anyone else have anything similar to this? did it go away or did the anxiety fade away? I just don't want this to be added to my list of anxiety issues.

Rockhopper

I've had a job where I had to close up. I hated it because I had to set an alarm. I was really worried I was going to set it off because in another job where I had to do the alarm I was so worried about setting it off, that I made a mistake and did set if off. They weren't happy either.

I've had a job where my boss made me anxious too. He'd come and observe me and then give me feedback. But he always pointed out the negative. Therefore I always came to expect it and every time he was near by I'd just get more and more anxious each time. I think a fresh start will be good. Don't allow him and the past to stuff things up for you. You now have a new start where no one knows anything you might not have done perfectly in your old job. Make the most of it.

As for the anxiety fading. I think it will. Another example I've had is when I was learning to drive. My instructor made me so nervous, by laughing when I stuffed up. It got to the point where I got worse with driving! Anyway I changed instructors and immediately felt better and more confident and improved so quickly. So make the most of getting out of a negative situation. You'll be right.