Kansas anyone?

Henry

Is there anyone, ANYONE, here that lives in Kansas?? I would love to meet someone who has the same condition as I. Thanks.

AliGirl

Re

Hi there! I live in Olathe. I just posted a reply to your topic looking for people in Lawrence. I just moved from Lawrence to Olathe. I lived there for around 9 years and am there all the time still. Love it there. Anyway check out my other reply. :)

i'm in kansas. I'm currently staying in lawrence, but I am in Overland Park/Shawnee area pretty much everyday for work and class. speaking of kansas, are there any social anxiety/phobia support groups in the area? I think that would be a very beneficial part of my treatment, if it is available. if not, we should form one.

inruforia

Kansas here aswell, that support group is sounding better and better, I think the more we face our insecurities, the less they will control our actions or lack there of... this is my first post and still getting used to this site.. at least, someone has taking the time to put a place together that well ~ everyone gets the idea, so let me know how everyone's day is going... I send much love to everyone fearing the unknown

alchemist

Hey, I'm from Kansas! I'm surprised to see anyone else from here though. I live in Manhattan, but used to live in Lenexa.

cicada

Good info for starting a support group

You can obtain a very good info packet on how to start and run a anxiety support group by visiting the ADAA website. On the website there is an email address to request the packet. For a short time I ran a social anxiety support group in the Kansas City area. There was also a man named John Grant who ran a SA support group in Parkville, MO. I don't know if he still does or even if he still lives in the area, but I thought I'd throw that out there. I don't have any contact info for him.

The way I started my group was to advertise a organizational meeting through the Communiversity catalog at UMKC. This catalog of informal classes is a great way to reach out into the community and increase your chances of having a good turn out. Maybe KU offers something like that. It is a good idea to have more than a few people in the group since not everyone can make it to every meeting and some people will drop out.

I grew up in Independence, MO and moved from the greater KC area about 3 years ago. I now live in Austin,TX. I still get back to KC 2-3 times a year.
Just thought I'd try to help you out since I feel a connection to KC and surrounding areas. Good luck to everyone.

Henry

Wow, people responded to my post, I havent seen it in over a year. Anyway, if anyone is still up to form a group, IM me.

snefitty1586-

Overland Park, huh? I go to JCCC three times a week, so I go that way often. If you are still interested in that group idea, let me know.

cicada

Found this in Dr. Richard's newsletter. Thought you guys might be interested.

Currently, there are 3 of us that meet about every two weeks at the Oak Park Library in South Kansas City. We discuss our experiences and offer each other support and possible solutions to daily problems created by social anxiety. We are working from Dr. Richard’s Therapy tapes and workbook. If you are interested, you can email Allison at [email protected]

Joker

alchemist said:
Hey, I'm from Kansas! I'm surprised to see anyone else from here though. I live in Manhattan, but used to live in Lenexa.

Manhattan here too. You here for school alchemist?

lilmutegirl

Found this in Dr. Richard's newsletter. Thought you guys might be interested.

Currently, there are 3 of us that meet about every two weeks at the Oak Park Library in South Kansas City. We discuss our experiences and offer each other support and possible solutions to daily problems created by social anxiety. We are working from Dr. Richard’s Therapy tapes and workbook. If you are interested, you can email Allison at [email protected]

I realize this was posted years ago, but was wondering if there is still a group or if there are others in/near Overland Park.