Just starting Iontophoresis

susy

Hello!

I'm new to the board and just wanted to say Hi, though I've been reading posts for a while now. I have excessive sweating on my hands and feet. It's not constant, comes and goes for no apparent reason usually, but when it's there it's a real problem :(

Up til now I've tried to avoid the worst things that set it off like wearing synthetic clothes (socks have to be 80% cotton at least!) and sandals, even in the hottest weather. Oh and I've become a huge fan of dry shampoo. It's got nothing to do with sweating, rather is a spray kinda like talc that you put in hair to refresh it. But I've found it's great for when you need to shake hands if you run your hand through you're hair first the dry shampoo absorbs lots of the moisture and makes it all a bit more bearable.

Anyways since I'm hoping to move to a far hotter country soon where those pesky sandals will be unavoidable I just bought an Idrostar 5 machine. I tried it out this morning and got it to 13A on my feet but only 3A on my hands. Hoping to get the hands higher tomorrow.

So far my hands and feet feel a little odd, and I keep looking at them and wondering things like "um were those veins that obviously blue before" but am sceptically hopeful.

I'll keep popping in with updates, hopefully dry ones!

Susy

ScaredToBreathe

hi! good luck with that I hope it works out for you. i have problems with sweaty hands and feet too and it can get really annoying sometimes... but washing my hands off in cold water usually helps out.

hyp-hi

Hi Susy, welcome to the forum. That's an interesting tip about the dry shampoo. I never heard that before.

For the ionto, keep using it for about 7 - 10 trials before you should expect to see results. You may be more sensitive in the beginning, but you can build it up over time.

As for the noticeable veins, I think you are probably just noticing them now because of the treatment not because it caused it. 1 treatment of 3mA should not be that bad. As you go higher, you may get redness on the skin, but it goes away within an hour.

Let us know how your progress goes!

susy

Hi!

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. I did another day of lowish settings yesterday but today decided to be brave (I'm a total wimp) and got it up to 25mA on my feet and 11mA for the hands. That was a good wee tingle all right, but I put on way more Vaseline so the little cuts on my hands (I have a playful and quick sharp clawed cat) didn't hurt which made it bearable.

hyp-hi thanks for the warning about the redness, I have that today all right but it's not panicing me thanks to you.

I thought my hands were feeling a little drier, until I went playing video games the other day and as soon as I was holding the controller I realised they really weren't. So am still hopeful, and will keep updating :)