just set a new record

outside_looking_in

For leaving a party early, that is. 7pm -- ha! Can anyone beat that? (OK we'd been out since about 5, but ...!)

I'd taken my St John's Wort (herbal remedy for depression) and sat in the corner happy enough reading the Big Issue while my other half watched the football in the bar ... then when the band came on and it got hotter and more crushed and less possible to say or hear anything intelligible, all I could think was 'what's the point? I could be at home doing my ironing' (that's a bit extreme, I know!) so I made my excuses and melted away.

He's used to me now, said half heartedly 'well I ought to take you home' then when I said it was OK, to stay and enjoy himself, 'well I'll need some money...!'

The kids are staying at their gran's and I currently have no purpose in life. (I think you'll agree ironing doesn't qualify as that.) And I'm worrying that the gulf between me and fun-loving partner is becoming unbridgeable. :(

IceLad

Well at least you went to the party, so give yourself credit for that.

Parties are my worst nightmare and on the anxiety scale they would rank as a 10. I avoid them at all costs.

turtlegirl

I think I'm lucky in that my husband, most likely, would dislike noisy crowded gatherings. Yet he still wishes to be invited to them. Maybe this is getting too off-topic, but do you know people like that: they want a better social life but after a social event, complain about the people ?