Just keep ur judgemental eyes off me!

smileyshygirl

I feel like everywhere i go people stare at me , like im an alien or some sort of freak! it really gets under my skin because every1 does it especially teenage girls my age. i feel like ive done nothing wrong, but the stares that people give me, make me feel like ive commited a crime! ive been stressing out all night about this, and i even got a really bad headache from the stress! why cant people just back off and let me be and today out in public , i was almost on the verge of tears because of my sky rocketed anxiety! Has anyone else felt this way? and how do u deal with it? any feedback would be helpful.

JonnyD

or maybe its or mind, i've learned that most of the times people aren't looking for a reason, they just looking, it's natural.

i've been in a place where i have been stared and where i thought i was beig stared it feels bad :/... i've realised that feeling bad won't change nothing on the others, i know its hard to change how you feel but begining is essential :)

Helyna

I'd say it's probably a lot in your head. People with social anxiety tend to think that everyone is looking at them even when they aren't. Also, if it's mostly other girls your age, they could be judging, they could be admiring, or they could be wondering if you're the type of person they would like as a friend. Next time you feel stressed because everyone seems to be looking at you, tell yourself that the eyes you see were only glances and you don't know the reason, but it was probably innocent or approving.

NormanBates

A lot of time people's stares are not stares of judgment, but just a beckoning stare. Like a natural open door. Like if there was ever a time to say "hello" or break the ice , that would be the time to do so.

I say this because at work I thought people were all judging me, but after a while of being suspicious, they all just started talking about how serious I am.

raylite

One way to deal with this that I found helpful is to start thinking that people who stare at you actually like you and instead of judging and criticizing are praising you :D Of course they may just be thinking neutral about you, but unless they themselves are insecure they're not criticizing you, so might as well think others are thinking positively about you, it really does help...

chris87

There is probably nothing negative about their stares. I am guilty of overanalyzing everything, which makes me paranoid at times. I think that it's a typical SA trait.

Nack

Banned
you know the wierd thing, im not bother by the eyes of people my age, im more intimidated by they eyes of adults. I dont know why, but when im with an adult, i feel like im not being myself at all. But, when im with a person that's my age. I can control what i say and do. Adults are scary...