just had an anxious moment AGAIN

loloy

My aunt just called me about a job in her office and that I should apply... Why did I get nervous on the phone and kinda mixed up my words a bit!!! Why is that and she was only trying to help me. Plus she noted I wouldn't be dealing with the public - she probably guessed that would be a nightmare for me!! Now I feel anxious at the prospect of a new job - I should be happy no??! :(

market.garden

My aunt just called me about a job in her office and that I should apply... Why did I get nervous on the phone and kinda mixed up my words a bit!!! Why is that and she was only trying to help me. Plus she noted I wouldn't be dealing with the public - she probably guessed that would be a nightmare for me!! Now I feel anxious at the prospect of a new job - I should be happy no??! :(

I've turned down job offers in the past year through anxiety and regretted it. So if you need a job, just go for it.

I've got an interview coming up and if I get offered it, I'm just going to "Ignore myself" and take it anyway

This job might be worth a go, if it gets too much then you can always leave.

planemo

Don't be too hard on yourself. Change can be a difficult thing for people like us to deal with. Maybe you realise this new job may take you out of your comfort zone, and thus you had a negative response. In time, if you do take the job, you will feel more comfortable with it.

loloy

thanks for replies :) I havn't even got the job and im nervous already lol. Its the feelings inside of nervousness, shaking, butterfiles - I hate it. If I had no physical symptoms Id be fine. My doctor wouldnt give me medication - she said I didn't need them - she gave me a book to read! Is there any good natural supplements to take?

NinjaLikesToast

Don't really know about medication, but just try to relax and keep your mind off of it. Go play a game or read a book, don't constantly question every little thing :)

Easier said than done, I know... Good luck!

Richey

this is a great opportunity for you to get a foot in the door into adminstration/business because of a relative. i'd say jump on the opportunity, it means you may not even need the grueling interview process. you won't have to settle for some low income labor job, go for it!!!!!! she even told you its suited to you as well..

Luthien

thanks for replies :) I havn't even got the job and im nervous already lol. Its the feelings inside of nervousness, shaking, butterfiles - I hate it. If I had no physical symptoms Id be fine. My doctor wouldnt give me medication - she said I didn't need them - she gave me a book to read! Is there any good natural supplements to take?

If you're open to it, I'd see a naturopath. Naturopathic medicine is like Chinese medicine in that if you don't feel good, then something is wrong! Western doctors tend to act like if you can't fix it with a pill you just have to learn to live with it.

Just try to remember about this job that it DOES NOT MATTER! It's a fleeting event in a long and varying life. If you don't get it, so what? You can find another. If you DO get it and you hate it, you can quit. Nothing about it is permanent. If you don't like the people, you never have to see them again! Just remember that this is just a tiny blip on your life. A small little thing that will come and go so quickly! The only thing that makes it SEEM big is dwelling on it. Try to catch yourself in your worries and remind yourself not to live in the past or the future, because it's not worth worrying about things you can't control or change. All you can control is yourself and if you live in the future or the past, then you will totally MISS the present.

Last edited:
I always jumble my words when speaking to people. My councellor said i should do this.

1) Pause and take a deep breath whenever your words jumble, then start again
2) Ask the person to repeat themselves if you dont understand what they are saying
3) Whenever you feel axious tell the person on the phone. They will understand because its a job interveiw.
4) Then you will automatically feel more comfortable with them
5) take another deep breath and start agiain
6) You can take as many deep breaths as you like dont worry. They understand