Just Got Botox

Ex-HH

I might just had the best Christmas Present Ever ^_^
After seeing me doing iontophoresis for 2 years, my parents decided to put me out of my misery by paying for my botox injections. I heard it only works on 90% of the people, so I hope I don't fall in that 10%. I just had it this afternoon, I will keep you guys updated on my results. Cheers.

Ex-HH

Thanks guys :)
So I just went through Day 1 and not much changed. My hands are definitely more dry, I would say 30%, and I don't leave a stain on paper anymore, but still pretty wet for the most part. Hopefully, my results will improve tomorrow.

Ex-HH

Day 2
A MAJOR improvement in my results. My hands are now 80% when I sweat, and completely dry half the time. It's weird, it feels like I am dripping sweat when my hands are just moist. I am really starting to have a lot of faith in this now. Also, my feet are dry a lot more often now, though I only got botox for the palms.

Ex-HH

Day 3
Not much change from yesterday. Had a really nerve wrecking meeting today and I was able to maintain at about 60% dry, compare to dripping sweat before the treatment. After the meeting was done, my hands went right back to 90% dry.

Ex-HH

Do you mind me asking how much it hurt to have botox done in your hands?

If you use the refrigerant, it is virtually painless. I didn't use any anesthetics and it was pretty painful but tolerable, especially the finger tips. I'll probably stick with the refrigerant the next time.

Ex-HH

Day 5
I'm getting pretty consistent results now. My palms are pretty much sweat free the whole day. However, my fingertips still sweat when I get nervous. It's a weird feeling. I keep thinking that my hands are sweating like crazy, but my palms are so dry that there are tiny cracks.

Ex-HH

Day 8
Just had my first 100% dry day. For some odd reason, my feet are also 100% the whole day. My hands were so dry that there are cracks all over it. Hope it keeps up.

darknight

I'm glad ur happier. How do u get insurance to qpprove you? I went to A hh doctor in Sept and I got turned down...

Ex-HH

I'm glad ur happier. How do u get insurance to qpprove you? I went to A hh doctor in Sept and I got turned down...

My parents covered my treatment. I read it somewhere that you can just call the insurance company and make sure to take down the name of the agent you spoke to, the time, and her exact words. If your insurance company won't cover it, then there are ways to get them to. You can politely harrass them with letter/emails with well worded explanation of why you need it, and provide proof that you've tried everything else except surger. Also, mention that you will get a doctor's note stating that the procedure is needed after the treatment. I am going to try this next time. Good luck.

Last edited:

Weirdo

What's the point in getting botox? You pay like 500-1000$ for only 6-12 months of dryness. Cheap ionto treatment once a week or ETS once a life sounds like a better option...well unless you're filthy rich that is.

Ex-HH

What's the point in getting botox? You pay like 500-1000$ for only 6-12 months of dryness. Cheap ionto treatment once a week or ETS once a life sounds like a better option...well unless you're filthy rich that is.

Ionto doesn't work 100% for me. I am mostly around 80% with it. Had to combine it with anti-persiperant to get to 95% dry, which also doesn't work sometimes because ionto actually removes it from my skin. The way I think of it is, if you spend 2 hrs per week to do ionto, you could've stayed in the office for 2 extra hours per week and use the money you make to get botox.....

Mr_Drips

I've thought about botox, but I don't know if I'd be comfortable getting 50 needles in each hand, just to stop it for as little as 3 months. I mean, I'd rather just deal with the hyperhidrosis...and I have it pretty bad. It does sound tempting though. Maybe i'll try it out one day.

beckiboo

If I had the money, trust me I would get botox and combine it with ionto too! but ionto and driclor will have to do for now!

Ex-HH

Thanks for the support guys. Really appreciate it.
I've also notice something: the more I sweat during my work outs, the less I sweat from my feet during the day. I think it has something to do with the eletrolyte drinks I've been drinking. Since the drink is make to be isotonic to the osmolarity of your blood, your body cells won't absorb as much fluid and retain it to sweat it out during the day. I might be totally off the book, but there is definitely a huge difference so I thought I'd share it.

sirsam

glad you are seeing great results :)
I just got a cheque for my treatment, they actually payed 80% of the whole thing including the injection fees ^_^
So I ended up only paying about $250.

brandnew33

I'm not sure how your insurance works but when I first realized I had hh I went and saw my primary doctor and told her how terrible my life has been trying to deal with it. She told me that since she can see that it's affecting my quality of life, she would refer me to a dermatologist that specializes in hh. My dermatologist is awesome and I got my first botox injections for my underarms in August. The results were amazing and lasted 5 months for me. All I had to pay was a $15 copay.. that was all!!! Thankfully.

Make it known that your quality of life is being severely affected.