Just Curious...

I have been wondering how severe my hyperhidrosis is compared to others... Could you all share how intense and excessive your sweating is, no matter where you suffer from hyperhidrosis? (If you don't mind.) and maybe include examples of your daily struggles and what not.

my example would be... having to change my shirts several times a day and always wearing a jacket or sweatshirt.

thanks everyone.

pedro123

I sweat all over my body. If I walk up a hill, stand on a bus, walk around the mall too long then I start to sweat from my back at first, then my butt. the dryclor stops most of the sweating in my legs and back. I also sweat when ironing.

I deal with it by blasting the ac, keeping the windows open, wearing dark clothes.

pinoyHH

I sweat a lot in my feet, hands and face(nose & mustach area). If I use a slippers, my feet slips and I rather walk without it. In my hands, I rarely able to write on a notebook without a handkerchief, also the ballpen slips. That's why school sucks. I can't have a girlfriend either, or even shake hands with someone. And I cannot go out the house without a handkerchief to wipe my face. The worst case scenario is that if I feel anxious, the sweating really drops like a rain. :twisted:

bill-uk

I sweat more then average over the trunk and groin area but that doesn't cause me too many problems in the uk type of heat. I don't really sweat much in the armpit area or hands and feet. Major problem with me is my face and head from where I sweat profusely in some circumstances.

Was working in London on Friday and by the time I went through the tube and had walked the 600 metres to work I was sweating massively, with sweat all over my face and coming down the sides of my face and neck, my hair starting to stick to my face, and I really hadn't been walking fast at all.

As normal, when I got to work, I headed to the toilets so that I could cool down by putting my wrists under cold water and just waiting there for 10 minutes or so. Normally does the trick and did so again. I was then fine all day throughout 2 meetings and working at my desk until my return journey via tube to Paddington station and back home to Swindon when the problem was repeated. It doesn't help that I wear a suit to work, but even without that I would be hot and clammy. I much prefer to work locally in Swindon where our offices have air con.

As I have said before, I don't know how those of you cope in truly hot conditions in the USA etc. I regard my problem as extreme in UK temperatures and could not contemplate working in a hotter environment.... This is the single biggest reason that has stopped me from applying for work in the US or Australia and relocate my family. I know that I have the aptitude to do so and better myself and my family, but I cannot imagine working in a hotter place than the UK.

symptomatic

My palms are extremely sweaty as my under arms. I change shirts many times a day as well as sweatshirts etc.. I have placed napkins under my arms and also feminine napkins which actually work very well, embarrassing as it is. But I noticed someone posted about sweat proof shirts and the padding they have on the site for the sweating looks like re-shaped f. napkins so I may have been on to something and didn't even know it. lol

I take effexor and now I sweat from that too. I get head sweats now. The small of my back is always wet and groin and inner thigh area.

Now, I use odaban and take compound glycopyrrolate(2mg) when I feel the need up to 4X a day. This dries my mouth out and the nasal passages. The dry mouth can get to a point of pain. I use these only when I absolutely have to. The odaban is a Godsend for me. I have only been using it for a month now and same with the pills.
Because of HH, going out in public was very stressful as I'm sure you all can relate. Feeling myself sweat and then beginning to panic about it and needing to get away to cool off was a ritual everytime I was at a meeting, party or whatever.

April27

pedro123 said:
I sweat all over my body. If I walk up a hill, stand on a bus, walk around the mall too long then I start to sweat from my back at first, then my butt. the dryclor stops most of the sweating in my legs and back. I also sweat when ironing.

I deal with it by blasting the ac, keeping the windows open, wearing dark clothes.

OMG! Me too. I mean, I sweat on my underarms severly, but I aways find myself stivking to black shirts and a jacket. I can never find the confidence to wear something besides black.

April27

symptomatic said:
My palms are extremely sweaty as my under arms. I change shirts many times a day as well as sweatshirts etc.. I have placed napkins under my arms and also feminine napkins which actually work very well, embarrassing as it is. But I noticed someone posted about sweat proof shirts and the padding they have on the site for the sweating looks like re-shaped f. napkins so I may have been on to something and didn't even know it. lol

I take effexor and now I sweat from that too. I get head sweats now. The small of my back is always wet and groin and inner thigh area.

Now, I use odaban and take compound glycopyrrolate(2mg) when I feel the need up to 4X a day. This dries my mouth out and the nasal passages. The dry mouth can get to a point of pain. I use these only when I absolutely have to. The odaban is a Godsend for me. I have only been using it for a month now and same with the pills.
Because of HH, going out in public was very stressful as I'm sure you all can relate. Feeling myself sweat and then beginning to panic about it and needing to get away to cool off was a ritual everytime I was at a meeting, party or whatever.

I've never tried napkins. I always just wear a ton of black and I have lots of jackets. But I do use Secret Clinical Strength Deoderant and it works pretty good but it seems as if nothing will ever be able to stop my sweating.

Hotshots

April27 said:
pedro123 said:

OMG! Me too. I mean, I sweat on my underarms severly, but I aways find myself stivking to black shirts and a jacket. I can never find the confidence to wear something besides black.

same here :oops: