Just created the Not Yet Forum - a new concept

jauggy

The Not Yet forum is my new forum and new concept. At the moment of writing this it has 0 posts and 0 members. If you create a forum about a specific subject, it is hard to get people to join it when it is first starting. So instead of finding specific people for a specific forum, I've made a forum that doesn't know what it's going to be about yet. The forum then evolves to whatever the users want it to become. The website is:

http://notyet.forumer.com

So the idea is much like evolution. At the start you have something really basic. In this case a forum that is about nothing. It has no cool skin or banner. There are only 2 forums - "Evolve the Not Yet Forum", and the token "Off Topic". Then users post on what the forum should be and the forum gradually evolves into something more specific. There is one big difference to this forum and other forums out there. With other forums, the admin has an idea and creates a site around that idea. In the Not Yet forum, the admin doesn't even know what the forum is going to be about. It could evolve to anything. I can only guess.

Derek

hey I registered to your forum site
it looks realy cool, I think it'll become popular cause its a great concept.
you are a real inovator
I was thinking....instead of getting a free movie for posting a lot
could I become a moderator to your site instead....that would be awsome I always wanted to be a mod

Aramoor

have also signed up. i think think this is such a great concept. Good idea derek- the people who first signed up should be the mods if they want to i reckon. cmon peeps join us in this exciting new website, you never know could become HUGE one day, and you can say "i was there when it all began" 8)

jauggy

Yep

First members will get priority for mod positions. But that won't happen for a long time though.

jauggy

www.notyet.co.nr

3 weeks after starting the site now has 86 members and 2860 posts. You may be interested in the Controversial Topics section. Topics being discussed there include:

University lecturer's comments that Blacks have lower IQ than whites - should he be sacked?
Gay marriage - Should it be legal?
Is it OK to be gay?
Are you against Euthanasia or abortion?
Does God exist?
Should we have invaded Iraq?
Should the Danish Muslim Cartoons be published?
Should we allow human cloning?

The main page can be accessed via www.notyet.co.nr

jauggy

I honestly don't know. I advertised in 3 forums - this is one of them. The 2 biggest contributors on my site are from SPW. I'd be happy if others from SPW joined aswell. If you have your own site you my advertise on my forums aswell. We've just past the 3000 mark. We have 3078 posts and 91 members at the time of writing this.