Just be grateful for your life. It takes practice.

Juggalo

I WASN'T any insensitive. I just said they will recover soon and that's true. Last year (2008 actually) I was in peruvian Ica which in 2007 suffered massive earthquake, and it was all new built so I couldn't even recognize anything. People then go on with their lives.. do you loose your house, well so you build a new one, did you loose your kid, you have a new one.. am I cruel, maybe, but that's life. :) Now I had a though about one chicken in England, a couple had a chicken and it got ill, they paid thousands of pounds for it's recovery. Foolish? Everything is foolish, because everything is relative. Relative is also world's poverty. They live with 2 dolars daily, OK, but what do you buy in those countries for 2 dolars and what in the USA or Western Europe? Even if if wasn't much, they grow their own or get their living by other means. Money isn't everything as we in the west tend to think. I have been in some poor countries and am not saying they have easy lives, but still think we in the west are the poorest... we suffer much more inner emptiness than them, we suffer loneliness, depression.. and I am not alone who thinks that.

If you say so.

I'm doing the one thing I can which is to get an education. Everything else is beyond my control.

Ok, fair enough. but, i'm not really talking about external things so much as changing the way you think about yourself or perceive the world around you. that is within your control, even though it really doesn't seem like it. believe it or not you can change the way you feel, over time.

I got to the point where in my life where i couldn't go on being constantly suicidal and locked up in mental hospitals. I had to decide to either just f****** put myself out of my misery or decide to live and try to find reasons to want to.

Ok, fair enough. but, i'm not really talking about external things so much as changing the way you think about yourself or perceive the world around you. that is within your control, even though it really doesn't seem like it. believe it or not you can change the way you feel, over time.

I got to the point where in my life where i couldn't go on being constantly suicidal and locked up in mental hospitals. I had to decide to either just f****** put myself out of my misery or decide to live and try to find reasons to want to.

Common Misconceprtions
All it takes to get over depression is positive thinking.
Someone who is depressed can’t just snap out of it. Depression arises from a combination of factors, not the least of which is brain chemistry, genes and family history. The good news is that depression is treatable.

Source: What is depression? | This Emotional Life - Premiering January 4, 2010

The bad news for me is that I don't have health insurance so treatment isn't an option.

Source: What is depression? | This Emotional Life - Premiering January 4, 2010

The bad news for me is that I don't have health insurance so treatment isn't an option.

You know, it's so f****** typical to act like because I say to TRY to help yourself, I don't know what the f*** I'm talking about. I have major depression. I have SA. I do not have health insurance or the ability to afford treatment. But I at least try to realize that there are small things I can do to help myself and I do not have to be eternally limited by negative thoughts.