Just back from my Christmas (work) Party...

steviegerrard489

It started at about 1pm in the afternoon. My team left work and we went to the pub for a couple of drinks before making our way to the restaurant. The restaurant was in central London and it was a restaurant/bar/nightclub venue...

..We had our 3 course meal from about 2:30pm to 4pm. I sat near the end of the table and kind of felt left out of the conversation as usual. It wasn't too bad..

..after that had finished we went upstairs to the bar and stayed there for the next 6 hours, or at least I did. I left at 10pm but some people I know were still there..

This guy I know who's about 33 made a bit of a fool of himself. He got quite drunk and started hitting on this girl who just so happens to be going out with another guy in my office! The boyfirend of this girl didn't realy know what happened and he actually helped this guy home after he got drunk!! I was the one who told her that the two guys had left. She left the nightclub immediately!!!! Obviously she was worried what this guy may have been saying to her boyfriend...

The rest of the time I just stoody there doing my best to join in the conversations with varying success. As usual I was one of the few people there who doesn't have a girlfriend/wife and it sucked! All the women weren't interested.

blackcap

Well done for handling it for 9 hours though - that's a LONG time!!!! Mine was 4 hours and I was exhausted by the end. What did you do during the 6 hours at the bar? Did you talk to people all that time?

4seasons

Mine is sunday and im not going. It sucks because a girl i work with asked me to go and it would be good chance to maybe get a date. Oh well.

steviegerrard489

blackcap said:
Well done for handling it for 9 hours though - that's a LONG time!!!! Mine was 4 hours and I was exhausted by the end. What did you do during the 6 hours at the bar? Did you talk to people all that time?

I mostly spoke to people I know in my team, 'safe' people I guess you might say. E.g the ones who aren't agressive or complete alcoholics. The time went quite quickly.

There's a girl I sit next to who I spoke to quite a lot. I asked her a bit about her long distance relationship and it turned out they are still together! (I thought they split up) She thinks it won't last. A bit of a disappointment really..