just a few things worth giving a go

nikki_marie

Im not going to lie and say becomming secure in your own skin is something u can do over night, we all have things we would like to improve. but there are things you can do to make the process easier.

firstly, if you want to do some 'work' on yourself, try and set the mood. I suggest a self hypnosis cd prefably titled something about improving self esteems, u can easily get one of amazon.com. although i respect this wont be the only tool maybe u may need, but for a brief period after u feel more relaxed and calm, and u feel a sense of 'good' this is a time maybe to think about things u want to improve in your lives, not when you have had the day from hell lol

Secondly, and i cannot stress this enough STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING TO DO WITH PSYCHOLOGY! honestly. this might sound strange comming from a psychology student (ill explain later) but it is easy to read about things and put yourself into boxes, if you are alreasy unsure about yourself, reading about conditions relating to what u may have is goin to make you feel more bound to it, and more importantly, make u feel like something is wrong with you!

Keep yourself busy! do not give yourself time to sit and ponder negative feelings! if these means buying some 'teach yourself how to knitt' books, because maybe your unable to work (if u can work..WORK!) then put all ur energy into something..anything but thinking to much!

When with people you feel comfortable with, spend as much time possible with them, its a proven fact happier people have a stronger social network, and feel they are able to express themselves to people they are close too.

These are all very obvious things u might be thinking, but you will be suprised how many people overlook these things! this is not a solution may i add, but its a starting point in which to help you build your selfesteem, to create a positive self image in which then you will be in a more postive frame of mind to work through your issues.

Alot of this kind of thing is about putting things in place in order to the take the next step, *most* things work better without diving in head first.

I want to do go into professional psychology so i can completely slate it, but professionaly, apart from obvious disturbance such as MPD,amnesia and skitzaphrenia (excuse the spelling) because i geniunly believe conditions, such as the ones discussed on this site, stems from low selfesteem and had slowly or rapidly preasented itself as phobias, anxieties and depression. If we can think about it like this, we realise how much WE are actualy in control of our OWN minds and therefore WE can put it right.

I plan on doing extensive research into this theory, which i will post...eventualy lol as i think it may benefit some people.

Thanks