Jumpy about every noise...

SilentAndShy

So, I find when I'm at home, on the weekends/evening, I tend to get a tad jumpy at the sound of a loud noise/car doors closing.

I think it's anxiety that visitors will come to the house that I might not want to engage with but noticed recently, it's the kids next door making a noise that irritates me aswell. Maybe I'm getting grumpy in my old age IDK..

Anyone else?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
When I hear unexpected noise I get this irrational feeling that someone's gonna barge into my place or start pounding on the door, demanding to be let in. It's nuts, but sometimes it's really bad. It makes no sense, I'm a grown man living in my own place, but I still feel like some irate, judgmental, big bad wolf is just going to come along and blow my house down.

SilentAndShy

When I hear unexpected noise I get this irrational feeling that someone's gonna barge into my place or start pounding on the door, demanding to be let in. It's nuts, but sometimes it's really bad. It makes no sense, I'm a grown man living in my own place, but I still feel like some irate, judgmental, big bad wolf is just going to come along and blow my house down.

Man, sometimes I wish had my own little flat at least any noise wouldn't have me panicking thinking some family relative wasn't at the door!