Job Fair

PerseverareJasmine

The city closest to the one I live in is going to be holding a job fair and some members of my family have been urging me to go. The idea of going completely freaks me out. I've been looking up videos discussing how job fairs operate, how to best prepare for one, what not to do at one, etc. and just looking at the videos makes me feel tense and stressed without even physically being there. I am ready to start working again and maybe going would provide some good opportunities, but I have a feeling it's really not something I could handle well at this time. I can imagine myself entering the building, seeing all of the people, feeling pressured and overwhelmed, and then leaving after only a very short time there.

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever tried to go to one? I can see how it'd be a really nerve-wracking idea for a lot of us on the forum, myself included, and I'm not sure if this will get that many replies for that reason, but if anyone has ever been to one I'd appreciate any stories about how it went for you and possibly tips if you have some. It may be worth it to at least attempt to go (even if it turns out to be a disaster like I'm imagining), so I guess I feel like it'd be a little more comforting to hear from someone who has gone through the experience so I could know more of what to expect and keep it in mind in case I do try it out.

Steiner

I've never actually gone to a job fair but I think you should perhaps give it a try. I'm sure you'll do great if you try. Just polish up your resume some I think. Just try to have fun I think. Perhaps take it as a learning experience.

PerseverareJasmine

Thanks. I did end up going and I was able to stay longer than I was thinking I would. I feel like it would've gone more smoothly if I would've been able to control my nerves better because I could tell it was showing how nervous I was, but that's something I need more practice with. I am still glad I went though since I nearly talked myself out of it.