Jingle bells, Jingle bells!

4myself

So who's looking forward to Christmas?. I love, love, love Christmas! All the pressies and food and carols and parties (I mainly like parties for the food and pressies! :D ), Cristmas light shows, church services, being able to spend heaps of money without feeling guilty (oh, hang on, I do that anyway) and just that general good vibe that comes with Cristmas!.

redlady

I envy your spirit and attitude....which is quite simply beautiful. I remember having that light as a child, but unfortunately it was extinguished a long time ago. Merry Christmas to you :D

Horatio

argh sorry to be the grinch on the forum but Christmas isn't my favourite time of the year

Christmas for me is a financial stress with 2 weeks of no work and no pay

every year is the same... fork out money to go stay with my family for a few days... attend christmas dinner and be judged by all present...listen to the same christmas cracker jokes... put up with the same comments regarding my inability to bring a girlfriend to join the festivities... etc etc

Bexi

Yes I love it too 4myself! Last few years I haven't though, coz I've worked over xmas period, but I am not this year, so can relax more :)

blubs

I love christmas too. I still get excited when I see the first christmas trees lit up in people's windows.
I love everything about it :p
Last weekend I picked out a christmas hat for my dog...

GIOLANDA

It always happens!

It always happens to me! Every year I look forward for Christmas to come,as I love the spirit of those days. I also use to have child memories of Christmas and they're so sweet! But on the other hand,when Christmas comes I never have the great time I was waiting for and I always think-"Ιt wasn't so great in fact!" I mean that my happiness takes place before and not at Christmas time. So,I must say that I only love thinking about Christmas!

Apart from these I would like to share my opinion with you-It's not right to like Christmas only for food,shopping and decorations,cause it's more than that. Christ was born and we should at least thank Him for coming here for us and for His sacrifice. Look what I heard these days,a conversation between two people-
- I'm happy for Christmas.
- Yeah,me too,but do you know what Christmas really is?
- Of course,Christ was born on earth to save us.
- Did he save you?
- No!
- Then why are you happy?!

Merry Christmas to you all!

maggie

harvey said:
My wife says I get into the Christmas Spirit the last couple of days before the 25th when I do the majority of my shopping. Contrary to the stereotype of grumpy shoppers fighting for the last item on sale, I find everyone in a good mood.

I just loosely hold my VISA and spend like I won't have to repay it.

Last year the sale clerks thought I was going beyond the call of duty when I tried on a sweater for my wife to see how it would fit. I figured the real question they should have asked was 'how do I know how my wife's clothes will fit her by how they feel on me.'

This year will be different. It's the first year none of the kids believe in Santa. :cry:
(oh should I have said that out loud in case Chavette is listening. shhhh.)
________I'm kidding, Miss Chavette. :lol: Don't shout at me.
.. hi harvey!!....i think it's sweet you tried on a sweater to see if it would fit your wife :!: ....i think being with family and showing appreciation for eachother is really nice at Chrismas time....but...the shopping..the lists..the gettogethers....the dinners...does all freak me out even still :roll:

Bexi

No, nothing planned but the normal seeing family things, but as I have worked in shops the last three christmases, I have not been home for christms eve, and day after boxing day and last year I worked new years day, which was shitty :(

I think some shops need to close for longer, i worked at Waterstones last xmas, the only day they shut was xmas day, weird :?

Bexi

RANT ALERT about MY evil nasty boss last year,

We all worked 8.30am and were due to finish at 6pm xmas eve, but she expected us to stay, with no extra pay! til past 7pm! I left, and i'm glad I did for £4.80 an hour, cheeky mare :twisted:

I love xmas eve, its even more fun than xmas day xxxxx

renegade

4myself said:
So who's looking forward to Christmas?. I love, love, love Christmas! All the pressies and food and carols and parties (I mainly like parties for the food and pressies! :D ), Cristmas light shows, church services, being able to spend heaps of money without feeling guilty (oh, hang on, I do that anyway) and just that general good vibe that comes with Cristmas!.

Aaa, Christmas, just thinking about it makes me smile and bring all the wonderfull memories of it. :D

I love this time of the year, I love the snow, the carols, decorating the christmass tree, the lights, the whole atmosphere and xmass spirit.

I loved Santa when I was little and I always learned a poem to told him when he came to deliver me the presents.

I don't know how I'm gonna spend it this year, having no friends and all, guess I'll spend it with just my family. I just can't wait for it, guess it's kind of childish but I can't wait for the snow fights, building a snowman, riding the sledge, arranging the lights in my room, decorating the tree, keeping the lights running and watching them as I fall asleep, keeping the carols running in the background all day...

Wow, this post really made me cheerfull, now I'm listening to carols and I don't mind if it sounds stupid cause its 24 of november. Guess I'll put some xmass picture as desktop background.

Merry Christmass to you all !!!!!! :D :D :D

4myself

I've just been doing some Christmas shopping on eBay, I love eBay, it makes shopping so easy!.

yodarita

Re: It always happens!

GIOLANDA said:
It always happens to me! Every year I look forward for Christmas to come,as I love the spirit of those days. I also use to have child memories of Christmas and they're so sweet! But on the other hand,when Christmas comes I never have the great time I was waiting for and I always think-"Ιt wasn't so great in fact!"

i used to be like this, i never understod it neither but now looking back i think it was because i was a little bit spoilt :cry: not in a bratish way though, ive always been greatfull for what ive got of mum but for example when ide put 2 cds on my xmas list that i wanted with the one i wanted most written first shed always get the one written second, or ide ask for something explain exactly what it looked like, where it was, somtimes even take her onto the shop to show her and then she would still get the wrong one, looking back i do feel bad even more so because i have once or twice expresed my feelings and seen how much this has upset her, now she no longer buys things alone and makes sure herself that i am there when she buys things, but i dont believe this is the main reason why i no longer fell this way, its because i now have a child and just seing her happy makes my day, cos i do still get some awfull presents of other members of the family!!! i just dont seem to care :D

scatmantom

I also love Xmas, but wot i dont like is Xmas Hype in Shops as early as october. I remember going shoppin and seeing xmas stuff out so early and it annoys me so much. Xmas is still totally special, but i hate the way big organisations try to cash in on it.