J, are you online right now?

BombCat

Hi J, hmm you have MSN or ICQ? The thing about you being a guest, is that it's impossible to ever chat with ya. Can chat? Kinda having suicidal thoughts and i have difficulty brushing that obsessive thoughts away.

Anonymous

I am online, but I am at work right now :( I shouldn't even be on the board ;) (it's 2PM here in the eastern US-- I guess it's the middle of the night in Singapore?)

I don't have MSN or ICQ at home either, but I do have Yahoo IM and regular email...

Send email to esactun @ hotmail. com (type it in, I spaced it out to prevent auto-spambots from getting it ;) ) and we can chat there or I'll give you my Yahoo ID...

Those thoughts are so damn hard to get rid of, aren't they?? But remember that you are worthy and have value and insight and already helped me out on a thread or two :) So hang in there!!!!!!!! I was totally at the bottom of the abyss a few days ago and today I feel much better--and nothing has really changed, nor have I taken any positive steps... When you're depressed with SA I guess suicidal thoughts are like arthritis-- it hurts, then it goes away for no apparent reason, until it comes back. For me at least...

Brush them off as well as you can. Try to remember that it's your mind playing tricks on you, playing with your judgment and perceptions---you don't actually *want* to kill yourself, I suspect---but it sure SEEMS that way to you NOW.

That's the boat I was in last week. It's scary to me how distorted my thoughts can get while they still seem normal and rational and true to me at the time it happens. Delusions are powerful things. :)

I WOULD log in as a member (I signed up!) but the system always tells me my info is invalid.

BombCat

I'll try. Just couldn't sleep and the brain's urging me to end it. Kinda hard to control it.

Anonymous

I know what you mean. It's damn hard. If you can't brush it off, try hard to distract yourself with something, anything else. Maybe even do something physical and strenuous to wear yourself out. I wish I had more ideas for you right now.

If you went through with it, that would be one less decent caring human on the planet. And that would be very sad. :)

Anonymous

BombCat, I hope your evening went OK and that you're now asleep! Feel free to email whenever you want.