economist

Can i just stop?

i'm 18
my dose was 20mg daily

for the first 1-2 weeks i took 40 daily

i don't like the idea of using this to mask problems and
my face got all swollen, i don't if it was from the fluid retention side effect

ImNotMyIllness

I'm taking 20mg of Fluoxetine and haven't noticed any swelling. Sorry to hear that. You should consult your doctor but it shouldn't be hard at all to get off of. It stays in your system I've heard for several days. Paxil (which I haven't taken) is supposedly very had to get off.

In my case, it's definitely not masking the problem. I have an extremely over active brain, or I should say, the wrong parts of my brain are active! It sounds like your case is different.

P.S I have OCD. You didn't specify your ailment.

Last edited:

buggy

going cold turky on a SSRI is a BAD idea. Most doctors will want you to cut down gradually. In any case discuss it with your physician before doing anything. they might offer advice and help you cope with the side effects

thor01

If you have any bad symptoms I personally would gradualy come off.
Although I personaly would rather avoid taking those at all.
There are IMO other natural things to do that could help.
But I understand they can help people in a particularly bad patch! (if it works for the person) And if it helps them then fine!

Last edited:

KerrBear

I have been on Prozac myself about 7 years ago and been on it for a couple of months. I ended up at the hospital and was told that I had a reaction to my medication and they were taking me off cold turkey. What a rough couple of weeks that was. Through Christmas and all. I felt like complete **** during the time they were monitoring me. I was on higher dose mind you, I think it was 60mg...I'm not sure, been a while. Bottom line, consult your doc before you decide going cold turkey. It's a bumpy ride so going off of it gradually is your best bet.