I've been raging hard lately.

economist

is it likely that prozac is causing this

i recently stopped it after being on for a month

because i just didn't like what i was reading about it

FallenFeathers

It well could be, also sorry to mother you lol, but did you speak to your doctor before stopping? I'm just saying because some of the worst side effects can happen when you just come straight off without tapering. It might be worth going to your doctor as they will likely have a good idea if it's the meds.

Though I can appreciate maybe worrying and wanting to get off them quick if you feel they were having an effect like that.

Obviously raging is not good, but do you think maybe they were working and helping. I can only speak from my own experience, but I have found after long periods of time, when I do get a medication which works, the way my feelings come back can be really intense and not very pleasant. Do you think that could be the case for you bud? I mean have you had any other intense emotions? Or is it simply just a feeling of rage?

Last edited:

ImNotMyIllness

Maybe your rage comes from a lack of control over your life?.....Kind of like a caged animal. You're unhappy, tired and it seems like this state of mind will continue without end and there's nothing that you can do about it.
Well, that's how I feel when I'm raging!

sullyS25

It is very likely that Prozac is causing this. I think you must take caution if you are going to come off of them like that but the side effects of SSRI's in certain people result in feelings like this.