It's taking over

J

JustCan'tStop

In the time it will take to have written this I will have probably lint rolled my bed twice. I go through 1-2 lint rollers a day. I vacuum the whole house many times per day. I just cut about 6 inches of my hair off today because it sheds more when it's longer and I found myself pulling it out instead of waiting for it to shed....b/c if the hairs get on my bed I go crazy with the lint rollers. It's the same with the carpet, no hairs allowed, or lint, dirt ect. I live in an apartment with 2 dogs and 2 cats and SIX cockatiels I inherited. I am moving the birds outside when it is warm enough so I can deal till then with that....

but...

I never wanna leave the house anymore b/c I know when I get home I will have to clean again, even when there is no "mess". My dogs/cats are angels, no accidents in years but still I gotta vacuum all day cuz I know they and me are shedding even when the hairs are not visible. I hate it. HATE HATE HATE HATE OCD sucks soooooo much. Is there hope? I am seeing a new doc but there is no ocd magic pill and the thoughts are just getting worse :( Just neeeeded to write this down somewhere...maybe to find someone else, anyone else....like...me?

Kim~

agirl

I'm sorry you are having tough time with your OCD right now.
What you need to do is try to not let your ocd win. Every time you do a compulsion OCD wins. Every time you don't OCD loses. The more it loses the weaker it gets. The more it wins the stronger it gets.

Try to not do some of your compulsions. Maube take a hair and purposely leave it. The less compulsions you do, the weaker your OCD will become.

Don't give in to it. I know it is really hard, but you need to do it.