is this sick?

mfs

i dont believe i am a pedophile because im not attracted to children which relieves me. however i am afraid and suspecting that i am perverted and a hebephile (someone attracted to teens)here are some reasons:
1) i find girls/boys from 13-17 attractive and have flirted with them
2) yesterday i saw a 15 y/o boy i know who is really attractive bend down and i liked it and a thought came to my head to take a picture of him bending down to *******ate to later
i am not apedophile but this stuff makes me think im a deviant

I think that until you umm make physical contact? (o.o) that you might just be a deviant. I would talk to a therapist about it though. You could get into a lot of trouble so you might want to do something about it quick.

HumanZ

Who defines what is deviant or abnormal. Actions can be illegal or morally unacceptable. But the way we just think things in our heads and our opinions, our nature.. who can judge them, and even if someone did, why should you care. Except if you live in North Korea.. :)

Lowlight

You seem to post about this a lot, which leads me to believe you either like talking about this to people or you just haven’t heard an answer that you like. Let me attempt to add some insight.

There are absolutely people out there who would say you have a problem. They would say that your interest in people so young is clearly a malfunction or abnormality in the wiring in your head. People would go so far as to say that you need mental treatment with or without your permission. They would argue that you pose a risk to young adults that cannot be ignored. A sickness without a cure they would say.

Others may say that this first interpretation is a tad extreme. Who is to say what is normal and what is not? The definition of what constitutes positive mental health has evolved over time. People should not be demonized for what they may not be able to control. Instead of punishment we should turn society towards a regime of rehabilitation, is what they might say.

If you asked me what I personally thought about your situation I would say this. As long as you don’t violate the rights of another person, your rights shouldn’t be violated. Don’t rape or molest or act to mentally or physically harm anyone and you’re good. In a civilized and free society you have the right to your mind, and that means ownership over all your thoughts. You don’t have to verbalize, explain, or justify your thoughts if you don’t want to. You shouldn’t feel ashamed or like less of a person just because you don’t fit the mold that the mainstream consciousness currently has.

What may be happening is that this facet of you is taking precedent over the rest of your life, while at the same time causing you undue stress. If that is the case then I would suggest finding someone to talk to. You might want to find someone in person like a doc or counselor. You know in depth and more than just a few responses from an Internet message board (While I must admit that SPW is a great place to get advice from non-judgmental colleagues).

In any case do what you need to do to be happy, without hurting others.

Silatuyok

^I agree with the above, except to add that acting on your desires with a teenager will legally constitute doing them physical harm, even if it is consensual. So, just don't act on it with a minor and you'll be fine.