Is this even possible?

Alejandra15

I'm 15 and well although I cannot recall this event very well I'm wondering if this actually happened to me or if for some reason I just got it into my head after 6 years. So pretty much I think I was sexually abused, by my sister when I was 9 I'm not sure though. I can remember her saying to "Pretend that she was the guy I liked" and I said "But I don't like you I like him"
Anyways a part of me feels that it's true but the other part of me tells me that it's not. My older sister and I have never gotten along, we just don't bond. So, Do you guys think it's possible that I was? I never told anyone because I was never sure, but now I cannot stop thinking about what supposedly happened to me that day.

If you were able to visit a psychologist they would be able to help you with this. They have been professionally trained in the recovery of repressed memories.
I was abused by my older sister. I wish my brain buried this for me. I have never had the courage to tell anyone because part of me feels that sexual abuse by a female would not be taken very seriously :sad:

Alejandra15

I would, but I feel embarrassed I feel like my family will just think I'm trying to get her in trouble she's married and she's going to have a kid, everyone's happy, I'm going to rain on their parade.

I would, but I feel embarrassed I feel like my family will just think I'm trying to get her in trouble she's married and she's going to have a kid, everyone's happy, I'm going to rain on their parade.
^ I know what you mean, I have had the embarrassment stop me from letting anyone know this secret too. At first I thought people would think it was my fault. But as I have gotten older, I realize that no one would think a 7 year old (I was 7) would be compliant in anything severely sexual. It is sad that the embarrassment is stopping both of us, and who knows how many other people, from seeking help with a situation like this.

Alejandra15

I'm just positive they won't believe plus my sister is in Mexico and I don't want to feel weird when I go visit my mom and 2 brothers in summer. :|

Odo

Banned
It sounds to me like a sort of innocent experimenting thing where nobody really knew what they were doing. If it was an ongoing thing or something where someone definitely knew they were abusing you or using their experience/knowledge to exploit you then it would be one thing but I really don't think that other children can be held accountable for this kind of thing.

I wouldn't make it into a big issue, and I highly doubt that it's going to cause you serious long-term emotional stress.

But I guess it depends on how old/experienced your sister was at the time.

It sounds to me like a sort of innocent experimenting thing where nobody really knew what they were doing. If it was an ongoing thing or something where someone definitely knew they were abusing you or using their experience/knowledge to exploit you then it would be one thing but I really don't think that other children can be held accountable for this kind of thing.

I wouldn't make it into a big issue, and I highly doubt that it's going to cause you serious long-term emotional stress.
See, your thoughts on this is why I have been to afraid to tell anyone. It would just be "minimised" :(
For the record my sister was 14 at the time, she knew full well what she was doing, it was ongoing, and she used lying and deception to continue the abuse.

MikeyC

I'm 15 and well although I cannot recall this event very well I'm wondering if this actually happened to me or if for some reason I just got it into my head after 6 years. So pretty much I think I was sexually abused, by my sister when I was 9 I'm not sure though. I can remember her saying to "Pretend that she was the guy I liked" and I said "But I don't like you I like him"
Anyways a part of me feels that it's true but the other part of me tells me that it's not. My older sister and I have never gotten along, we just don't bond. So, Do you guys think it's possible that I was? I never told anyone because I was never sure, but now I cannot stop thinking about what supposedly happened to me that day.
How old was your sister at the time?

For the record my sister was 14 at the time, she knew full well what she was doing, it was ongoing, and she used lying and deception to continue the abuse.
Jesus.... :crying: