Is this Anxiety or something else?

ff5fan19

I do have anxiety really bad but for the past year I've been experiencing something so strange and it doesn't seem like anxiety. ok so what happens is i'll start to have this uncontrollable urge to cry but I don't necessarily cry. it's not too strong of an urge but I still feel it. right when I do that I have this hot flash or something. all I know is I get a little sweaty. sometimes it isn't the urge to cry. it can be the urge to laugh. what could this be? I do have generalized anxiety disorder so I thought it could be a symptom of that because it started right when I developed GAD.

zharl

*shrugs* I don't know.

Totally unhelpful, I know, but I felt bad about the lack of response you've gotten! It's easy to assume that it's related since these symptoms developed around the same time that you were diagnosed with GAD, but correlation does not mean causation. Do you see a therapist or counselor? Have you discussed these emotional urges and sweats with them?

ff5fan19

*shrugs* I don't know.

Totally unhelpful, I know, but I felt bad about the lack of response you've gotten! It's easy to assume that it's related since these symptoms developed around the same time that you were diagnosed with GAD, but correlation does not mean causation. Do you see a therapist or counselor? Have you discussed these emotional urges and sweats with them?

I do see a therapist and am afraid to tell her because whenever I speak of it, my anxiety goes up really bad. I'm afraid that if I talk about it then either my anxiety will make it worse (the emotional urges) or god will make it worse and I know that is totally untrue.